View Poll Results: Have you tried Google chrome?

Voters
789. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

428 54.25%
  • Not yet as there is no version for Linux

321 40.68%
  • I have Windows but not tried it.

40 5.07%
Page 99 of 108 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101 ... LastLast

Thread: Google Chrome megathread (pre-Linux version)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Google Chrome megathread (pre-Linux version)

Quote Originally Posted by Rashedul View Post
    lol .. um so what is the difference between a desktop url shortcut and a web application from Chrome or Prism on Firefox? I still don't get it and I've been searching the web since my last post ... (yes I'm bored)
    I'm not sure if you mean a web application in general, or the web apps that google gear's supports. As far as that goes, a desktop url shortcut is simply what it sounds like, a shortcut on your desktop that opens up a url.

Where as the web apps are similar, in that they are shortcuts to urls, but you have to have google gears installed for it to work, and it basically gives you offline access to something you traditionally need to be online for. For example, they have an offline version of Google Docs, so it simply gives you an easy way to access your google docs offline and they sync them with your online copy when you are online.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by awakatanka View Post
    Dear BSD dev,

Why not just improve linux (it is also open source) to your needs?

Kind regards
    Awakatanka
    Linux kernel is already the best, no need for improvement in that part

i guess you mean distributions...
    You came empty handed, that is how you shall leave. Whatever you claim as yours today, belonged to someone else yesterday, will be someone else's tomorrow.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ukripper View Post

why, which version of the kernel are you talking about?

2.6.26.5 is the latest stable officially, or you could try the 2.6.27 release candidates, they might work well for you. Or maybe your using some legacy one like the 2.6.24.19 that ubuntu is currently using...

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by scragar View Post
    why, which version of the kernel are you talking about?

2.6.26.5 is the latest stable officially, or you could try the 2.6.27 release candidates, they might work well for you. Or maybe your using some legacy one like the 2.6.24.19 that ubuntu is currently using...
    I am using 2.6.26.5 on one of my machine and i think it is the best one for me. And running custom kernel based on 2.6.25(apparently took about 3 hours to compile and install) for Hardy as 24-19 didn't detect my DVC100 usb video capture card but 25+ detects it.

Al in all, I personally think i've never had any problems with kernel itself, Kernel is getting better and better with each release.
    You came empty handed, that is how you shall leave. Whatever you claim as yours today, belonged to someone else yesterday, will be someone else's tomorrow.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Quote Originally Posted by ukripper View Post

I think youre missing the point here - There are many different OS projects that do the same thing. There are dozens of browser, dozens of editors, about three major Desktop environments.. If they want to do something different, let them at it. Maybe there's something they want to do that they cant do with Firefox? At worst, we just end up with another choice - no one is forcing you to download it.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by ch_123 View Post
    I think youre missing the point here - There are many different OS projects that do the same thing. There are dozens of browser, dozens of editors, about three major Desktop environments.. If they want to do something different, let them at it. Maybe there's something they want to do that they cant do with Firefox? At worst, we just end up with another choice - no one is forcing you to download it.
    You took my post out of context. You need to read it to what i have replied to!

However, what google is trying to do already exists as a viable solution, eyeos
    check these links -
    http://www.osweekly.com/index.php?op...584&Itemid=449

http://eyeos.org/en/

Beans

If you guys can't wait for chrome because of WebKit, you should try midori. Right now, it's in a pre-alpha stage, but it's still usable. beware though, lots of features haven't been implimented yet and it's unstable.

Beans

you can get webkit from webkit.org and build it or get it from badgerports at http://directhex.mfgames.com/

Beans

What do you think about google Chrome?

Hello guys.. What do you think about Chrome?

Based on the reviews, it is a good browser, despite its quirks and security issues. I think I can't wait for a Linux version to appear.

What do you think?
    Quote Originally Posted by ushimitsudoki View Post
    Fixing Bug #1 doesn't mean becoming Bug #1. We need to improve Linux, not clone Windows.
    Windows sucks. Linux rocks!
    Minsan, masaya rin kung hindi ka naiintindihan ng iba. Go multilinguals!

Beans

Re: What do you think about google Chrome?

one of my friends has found over 10 exploits on google chrome alone

it is aparently one of the most insecure of all browsers and also my friend has a sudo exploit mae in google chrome where you visit a page and they get full access through port 22
    Last edited by EnGorDiaz; September 13th, 2008 at 08:07 AM.

Page 99 of 108 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101 ... LastLast