Thread: Youtube, Large-screen problem

Beans

Youtube, Large-screen problem

I can see Youtube's videos(at least, if I close and open the browser again when the video box is grey), but if i click to make the video in full-screen the videos going very slow like i see a lot less frames and the videos' controllers have slow reaction, too..

how can I fix this?

Beans

Re: Youtube, Large-screen problem

Hi,

I had a similar problem (flash was way too slow). I installed flash player 10 beta and it got pretty acceptable (actually I think its faster than in windows, but as I only have ubuntu in this pc, I don't really know for sure). Anyway, it got good, but I can't see fullscreen, still too slow.

You can download flash plugin here.

Another thing I found useful was this guide: Comprehensive Multimedia & Video Howto
    See part 5(troubleshooting), it describes what I think is your problem, but just try to install flash plugin 10 beta, its faster than reading the howto and probably will solve the problem of it being slow.

I remembered now that there is a something a bit obscure in the script that installs the flash 10 plugin in firefox. It says something like "ask the administrator to delete some file". And I rememmber that that file was hard to find. If you have the same problem tell me (the name of the file) and I'll tell you where to find it.

Cheers,
    Rui