Thread: why has rhythmbox so many bugs?

Beans

why has rhythmbox so many bugs?

I think Rhythmbox is a good music player
    But there are so many bugs
    for example the ipod function dosnt work for my ipod shuffle
    After putting music on it I cant use shuffle or sometimes the whole ipod has no function. What should I do?
    Ive used amarok but im not happy with it
    Can I restore my ipod on linux???

Thak you for your answers.

Beans

Re: why has rhythmbox so many bugs?

I recommend never buying another Ipod until they don't require you to use their criminal Itunes software to manage it. I know there are 20+ apps that can manage these devices aside from Itunes but none of them works perfectly and Apple works actively to not allow such apps so I say screw them. Every other brand of MP3 player here on planet earth works with all OS's via simply using a file manager to load the device like you would a USB hard drive, they just don't throw zillions of dollars in product placement and advertising to get everyone thinking they are best like Apple - they just work which I find much more preferable to being trendy.

You could try GTKpod to manage your device as it is in the repositories but I still stand by my dislike of Apple's behavior since I see that they basically act like they still own the device that they sold you, and this is rediculous in my book.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

My GF is having also problems with Rhythmbox and her Ipod Shuffle. Is GTKPod the solution? Is it working properly?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by honkey View Post
    I think Rhythmbox is a good music player
    But there are so many bugs
    for example the ipod function dosnt work for my ipod shuffle
    After putting music on it I cant use shuffle or sometimes the whole ipod has no function. What should I do?
    Ive used amarok but im not happy with it
    Can I restore my ipod on linux???

Thak you for your answers.
    It looks like your ipod is buggy rather then Rhythmbox. Apple has been notoriously infamous for refusing to provide support for ipods on Linux, so no wonder it doesn't work.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by mikewhatever View Post
    It looks like your ipod is buggy rather then Rhythmbox. Apple has been notoriously infamous for refusing to provide support for ipods on Linux, so no wonder it doesn't work.
    That's right, mike, but has been said thousands time and does still not help anyone who purchased already an Ipod and still likes to use Ubuntu.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by tom-ubuntu View Post
    That's right, mike, but has been said thousands time and does still not help anyone who purchased already an Ipod and still likes to use Ubuntu.
    You are right in that it doesn't help in the immediate sense. It's very hard to make a program work with ipods unless Apple wants it. Nevertheless, there is still a way to benefit from this rather unfortunate situation in the long run, by identifying the cause and the nature of the problem. Although it's been said many a time, the OP seemed oblivious of both the nature and the cause, so I don't understand your remark.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by mikewhatever View Post
    You are right in that it doesn't help in the immediate sense. It's very hard to make a program work with ipods unless Apple wants it. Nevertheless, there is still a way to benefit from this rather unfortunate situation in the long run, by identifying the cause and the nature of the problem. Although it's been said many a time, the OP seemed oblivious of both the nature and the cause, so I don't understand your remark.
    Glad you understood it correctly.

I learned myself the lesson: Never again a player which supports only proprietary crap and includes DRM. Sansa players are a great alternative. Bought one of these and I am happy