Thread: how to delete all firefox favorites in ubuntu

Beans

how to delete all firefox favorites in ubuntu

On importing favorites it said "...overide existing?....", but obviously did not so favourites are triplicated, how can I delete ALL AT ONCE before I import them again?
    thanx, nick

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: how to delete all firefox favorites in ubuntu

well you should delete anything to do with bookmarks in ~/.mozilla/firefox/wateva.default
    Last edited by jolx; August 31st, 2008 at 06:58 PM. Reason: i loled

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

go to home folder>ctrl+h>look for .mozilla folder>firefox>something.default>and delete bookmarks.html

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Install Bookmark Duplicate Detector extension, restart Firefox then click Bookmark > Search for duplicates.

Beans

went:- home folder>ctrl+h>look for .mozilla folder>firefox>something.default>and delete bookmarks.html
    & deleted favourites.default
    But all are still there.

I got Bookmark Duplicate Detector but deletes nothing, just saves them where it wants??

Where do I go wrong?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by ulindel View Post
    went:- home folder>ctrl+h>look for .mozilla folder>firefox>something.default>and delete bookmarks.html
    & deleted favourites.default
    But all are still there.

I got Bookmark Duplicate Detector but deletes nothing, just saves them where it wants??

Where do I go wrong?
    When you open Duplicate Bookmark Detector you should see something like this:

In the top of the window you see the list of duplicated bookmarks. The number for each bookmark is the number of copies. Select one of them and all places were you can find copies will be listed in the bottom of the window. Then select the copies you want to remove and click "Remove". A pop up like the one showing in the middle of the image above will appear asking for confirmation. Just click OK and the copy will be deleted.

Beans

unfortunately the "Remove" bit is missing here.
    Asus P5K Premium WiFiiFi Intel ,AMI Bios 0702Intel Core 2 Quad Pro Q6600 2.4GHz, GO,
    OCZ Vendetta Cooler, 2x2GB,,DDR2800, XPprosp2EVGAGeForce9800GTX, OCZ6000WgameXStream,

Beans

AHaaaaaa.... found the remove hiding at the bottom by changing screen resolution.

But is ridigulously slow as I ended up with 5600 favourites, 4900 dublicates.

Surely must be something wrong with my installation & another way to get rid of these.
    Asus P5K Premium WiFiiFi Intel ,AMI Bios 0702Intel Core 2 Quad Pro Q6600 2.4GHz, GO,
    OCZ Vendetta Cooler, 2x2GB,,DDR2800, XPprosp2EVGAGeForce9800GTX, OCZ6000WgameXStream,