Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [SOLVED] Bluetooth Problem on Fourth Edition MacBookPro (Penryn)

Beans

Re: Bluetooth Problem on Fourth Edition MacBookPro (Penryn)

Thanks pierrelux and hajk! Your posts look like they both address my problem. Hopefully I'll get some time tonight after work to follow your advice. However, I was able to get Ubuntu to recognize the mouse with pierrelux's reset trick. I didn't play around with it for very long, but it at least tried to pair with the mouse, which I was unable to do before.

Thanks again!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Bluetooth Problem on Fourth Edition MacBookPro (Penryn)

Quote Originally Posted by hajk View Post
    I found a really useful Howto on the use of Apple Bluetooth Mighty Mouse and keyboard, http://idebian.wordpress.com/2008/07...ices-in-linux/. It explains why basic BT Mighty Mouse and keyboard functions operate in GNU/Linux without any configuration after having paired them once in Mac OS X. It also shows how to control these devices from Linux through the HID interface, for example to get the scrollball working. It worked like a charm. Well worth reading!
    Excellent. Finally some documentation that seems to actually make sense and it targeted more toward a user rather than a developer. I will look through this later.

EDIT: Wow that was even better than I thought. It is even targeted to Mac users... The information there actually explains ALOT.
    Last edited by cyberdork33; September 4th, 2008 at 09:19 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: [SOLVED] Bluetooth Problem on Fourth Edition MacBookPro (Penryn)

Well this seems to have broken again in the latest updates for Intrepid. hidd binary was removed (again) and bluez-gnome has had a major update. While I like the hardware setup wizard (finally they adding something that makes sense) it completely i not working for me and on top of that, gives to output to diagnoze the issue. wonderful.

Beans

Re: [SOLVED] Bluetooth Problem on Fourth Edition MacBookPro (Penryn)

I have a Macbook Pro 4,1 (Penryn) with a fresh install of the new release of Ubuntu 8.10, with a single boot setup. Using
    Code:
    sudo hciconfig hci0 reset
    I succeeded in pairing my Mighty Mouse and everything seemed to be working fine, including the scroll wheel. Very nice!

However, after a reboot I can no longer pair the mouse anymore, even after doing the above reset trick. The mouse shows up in the list upon scanning, but I get the error "Pairing with xxxx's mouse failed" from the last page of the Setup Wizard and can't seem to get past this.

Any suggestions?

[EDIT: The workaround here http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...32&postcount=5 solved my issue completely.]
    Last edited by hyperboloid; January 4th, 2009 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Solution found

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12