Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone wanting to keep this thing going?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Wink Is anyone wanting to keep this thing going?

Hello everyone, as a relatively new 8.04 user I must say that I am extremely impressed with this OS. I would really like to become more involved with the community and I noticed that the activity level has not been so good lately. If anyone is interested in getting together to discuss our love for this fantastic OS feel free to send me a message. I'm in the Wichita area and while I'm no expert I have managed to fix the few issues I had myself. I'm a tech geek at heart and love solving problems and would be more than willing to help anyone in getting Ubuntu up and running. Let's show everyone what we Kansans can do!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: Is anyone wanting to keep this thing going?

What do you mean, "Activity level has not been very good"?
    Intel Core2Duo E8200 2.66 GHz, 2GB RAM, 512 MB XFX 8600GT, Intel DG31PR chipset

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Well, for the Kansas Loco team there has not been very much activity and I would like to see us become more involved, that's all. I am really impressed with this OS and would like to do all I can to help spread the word.
    Last edited by sd401k; August 29th, 2008 at 04:56 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Well sorry if I sounded rude or anything.. I didnt see that you had posted this in the Kansas loco community.
    Intel Core2Duo E8200 2.66 GHz, 2GB RAM, 512 MB XFX 8600GT, Intel DG31PR chipset

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

sd401k

you are right, the Kansas LoCo has been in need of new leadership for a while. The state of Kansas is really spread out with few major meeting points. This can be combatted by online contact and not relying on physically meeting as much.

Major places where there may be more than one person interested

Wichita
    KU (Lawrence)
    Manhattan
    KC area
    Hays
    Salina
    Dodge/Garden area

The Colleges in Manhattan, Lawrence, KC area Wichita and Hays should all have some sort of open source clubs or general computer clubs that allow us to set up a table for an event.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I'm about 1 to 2 hours away from KU , KC , and Wichita. IF it was a weekend event.. I would have no problem being there. I might even get some of my co-works to come. 5 out of 22 employees there use Linux. Two of which are very experienced users.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by adastra23 View Post
    sd401k

you are right, the Kansas LoCo has been in need of new leadership for a while. The state of Kansas is really spread out with few major meeting points. This can be combatted by online contact and not relying on physically meeting as much.

Major places where there may be more than one person interested

Wichita
    KU (Lawrence)
    Manhattan
    KC area
    Hays
    Salina
    Dodge/Garden area

The Colleges in Manhattan, Lawrence, KC area Wichita and Hays should all have some sort of open source clubs or general computer clubs that allow us to set up a table for an event.
    I'm in.
    "The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it" .... A. Glasow

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I will offer up my services in any way needed! We really need to get Ubuntu Kansas up and going strong!
    Registered Linux User: 433263
    Registered Ubuntu User: 9010

Beans

I'm in, just trying to get involved in a meeting, or something here. I would really like to meet more people near Lenexa who are also avid users.

Beans

Alex

KCLUG is a LUG group in Kansas City that could give you all the linux goodness you would need. I know they have several Ubuntu users in the LUG

Your also welcomed to get involved in NCKLUG though were a bit removed from your area. We will soon however be doing some on-line meetings and have had requests to do LPI Certification training.

Another option is to get involved online in the #ubuntu-us-ks chat room on freenode. You only need a chat client pointed to the IRC server irc://irc.freenode.net and join the channel #ubuntu-us-ks

Cheers, Dale

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast