Thread: Ad Hoc only wireless in KDE

Beans

Ad Hoc only wireless in KDE

Just installed KDE after only using GNOME since day 1. after booting into it i somehow after some tinkering was able to browse wirelessly. after reboot back into kde i cant for the life of me get internet connectivity. i have attached a screenshot of the two wireless apps i have been trying to use to no avail since its prob a little hard to explain. my SSID is "beall" and there is no encryption of any sort or any type of filtering so that should make it as simple as possible. i pick up the SSID as avail but when switch to it with the kwifi manager or whatever it is, the connection is ad hoc only. wireless works no prob in gnome and even auto connects on login which im trying to do under KDE so i know its not drivers issue since i was once browsing in KDE and still can in GNOME. im at a loss and i looked through the first 100 results search brought up and found nothing relevant. any ideas from people smarter then me with kde? i assume its some simple thing like a missing checkmark or similarly ridiculous
    Attached Images Attached Images