Thread: Wireless Bridge WET11 Linksys

Beans

Wireless Bridge WET11 Linksys

Alright, i am LINUX moron and just a marginal moron with Computers and Networks so I need some help.

I have an old WET11 that I used for my PS2 back in the day, well I came across an old PC that I loaded Ubuntu on to play with in the garage. I would love to get this connect to my wireless network. The WET11 is working but I can't seem to get the machine to connect to it or recognize it.

Any suggestions? I already am going to try a couple things when I get home but any insight would be great. I configured it on my regular PC for DNS and WEP but not sure if I should have done that. I read on here that static IP might be the way to go, just curious. Thanks.

Also, is there a way to find out the IP address of the bridge so I could access it with Firefox that way, I thought I had the right IP address but couldn't activate it. Thanks.

Having an Ubuntu machine not connected to the net is useless really.

Beans

Re: Wireless Bridge WET11 Linksys

Is there a trick to bridges I guess is the best question.

Beans

Ok, so no one has had any ideas.

I worked on it last night and the troubleshooter indicated it can't resolve the DNS. I don't know what that means nor how to fix it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

I am having similar problems with mine. Weird thing is, it was working just fine at one place... then we moved to a different place and now it doesn't work.

We reset the settings to the default. The IP address to access it, as defined in the manual, is 192.168.1.225. Clearly something is working cos the LAN light blinks indicating activity/communication with the computer. But never does a password dialog pop up. I even hooked it up to a Windows machine to try to set it up and it didn't work.

It's driving me crazy cos just the week before it was working fine.