Thread: Slideshow Programs

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Question Slideshow Programs

I have looked all through the forums and I have an application query I can't find an answer to.
    I am trying to create a slide show-style banner for my website. I am rubbish at html and need some help.
    Is there any application you could recommend that would help me with this? I've tried open office presentation but that was definitely fruitless.
    If there's anything you guys would recommend I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: Slideshow Programs

Anyone? I am having an awful time of finding a suitable program

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Open Synaptic Package Manager and search for "slideshow".

A number of programs are listed.

I haven't tried any of them, so I have no idea how good they are. But you may find something that does what you want.

I think it's possible to make a sequence of still images in Open Movie Editor, but it requires a bit of fiddling around. I think someone wrote a script to do this, but I'm very hazy about the details. I know it can be done in Kdenlive, but I had problems with images and sound going out of sync, so I don't use it now.

Irihapeti
    BACKUPS are unsexy — until you discover you should have done one yesterday.
    Spare your nerves and do one before you upgrade or install.

Beans

i think it would be more suitable to have a javascript slideshow module

http://malsup.com/jquery/cycle/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

GIMP does animated GIFs ... just a thought.
    ASUS M2A-MVP, AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+, 3 Gb DDR2 800Mhz, GeForce 8600GT XXX Edition, Ubuntu 8.10

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Thank you for your recommendations guys. I looked at all the options you sent me and nothing appears quite right. What I really want for my slide is for it to scroll right to left across the bottom of my website like a moving footer almost.
    Is there a site that'll html this kind of thing for me? I can't find anything that'll do it except something on slide.com but obviously that has flashy graphics and stuff on it, I really want to do this as professionally as possible but I am a complete retard when it comes to moving images. Do you have any other ideas of programs or anything that may help?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

So you want a marquee that scrolls words continuously? Or do you have a short, pre-set animation sequence that you want to run? The marquee can be done with javascript (google it, you'll find pre-made code) and if you just want an animated banner then an animated GIF will probably be the easiest (although it will take a bit of effort to get it made)
    ASUS M2A-MVP, AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+, 3 Gb DDR2 800Mhz, GeForce 8600GT XXX Edition, Ubuntu 8.10