Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help with Advent 7105 wireless connection

Beans

Need help with Advent 7105 wireless connection

I'm new to Linux and have just installed Ubuntu 8.04 on my Advent 7105 laptop but cannot get the wireless to work. I have tried following various threads on installing a driver for this card but I am at a loss as to how I should download and install a driver for it. The computer has a hotkey for the wlan but this does not work with Ubuntu. I really need a clear and simple explanation (for a complete novice) on how this is done.

The card is a Marvel Technolgy Group Limited 88w8335[Libertas] 802.11b/g wireless (rev 43).

Grateful for any help!

Beans

Re: Need help with Advent 7105 wireless connection

Hi, I have the exact same problem and have had for some time now. Have you had any break throughs yet mate.

Beans

Still not solved if anyone can help!!

Beans

Still no luck then mate this problem is doing my head in is there anyone who can help.

Beans

I think we may have to use the NDISWRAPPER can anyone shed any light on the subject.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I didn't see anything current on this issue, but there was a thread from last year:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=208088

Hope this points you in the right direction.
    'Among the tales of sorrow and of ruin that come down to us from the darkness of those days there are yet some in which amid weeping there is joy, and under the shadow of death, light that endures.' The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien

Beans

I'm not sure if your laptop is the same, but I've recently managed to get Xubuntu working with my Advent 7040 laptop. The problem I had was that when I pressed the WiFi button, it didn't activate the Wifi.

I have installed Xubuntu 8.04 on a partition with XP on the other partition.

Then I went into the Bios and set the WiFi activation to maintain is't condition that it was last switched off in.

Then re-start in Ubuntu, and your WiFi will be active.

I'm sure other people have cracked this before, but I couldn't find another post and was quite proud of myself as a complete newcommer to the world of non-Microsoft computing!

Hope it helps...

Beans

I forgot to mention that After changing the bios, I started up in XP, turned on the WiFi then restarted in Xubuntu.

it's been a long night

Beans

if you still need help let me know

Beans

Yeah we could get it to work that way but I have removed XP totally and now it doesn't work at all. I press the button and it doesn't activate my wireless. So i need to get some sort of linux friendly driver for the wireless card.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast