Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help with Advent 7105 wireless connection

Beans

Re: Need help with Advent 7105 wireless connection

I'm having the same issue. I attempted the BIOS approach, but to say BIOS is limited on the Advent 7105 would be an understatement. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Beans

I have finally got the wireless to activate by the switch and it does pick up the wireless networks but when I try and connect it asks for my passphrase or network key. I enter the WEP KEY and it searches. But nothing happens can anyone shine any light on this subject, Do I need to alter any settings.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I have an Advent 7105 with Marvel Technology Group Limited 88w8335[Libertas] 802.11b/g wireless (rev 43) - pciid: 11ab:1faa - I have been banging my head off a brick wall all day trying to get the wireless to work.

I have followed a bunch of threads here, and else where, including this one that says it is solved: http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-521045.html

As well as following the Ndisawrapper Wiki installation guide: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Wi...Free%20Drivers

I have tried 3 different drivers from here: http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawik...ulltext=Search

I can't get it to work. I number of times the wireless LED on the laptop has come on but then things have frozen up and I have had to remove the drivers to get things working again.

In the end I got a TP-Link 54Mbps TL-WN321G wireless USB adapter (which literally "just worked" when I plugged it in), connected it with a short USB extension cable and duck tapped it to the outside of the laptop's lid. Not that pretty but it works very well indeed and with 4 USB ports it is not such a big pain.

However, if anyone has got the Marvel Technology Group Limited 88w8335[Libertas] 802.11b/g wireless (rev 43) to workI would be very interested to know how?

Cheers, M
    Last edited by mtn; November 28th, 2010 at 06:49 PM.
    "We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves." Tenzin Gyatso

Beans

Hey,

Yeah, I know it's old. Anyway...

I managed to get it to work, and it works perfectly! (you can do what you like with it).

OK, so first thing first.

Most people don't differentiate between version rev3 and rev43.

Rev3 is for USB network cards and rev43 is for build in laptops chips (at least this is what I think).

I managed to get it to work on laptop Advent 7105 with Marvell Libertas rev 43 under Xubuntu 11.10.

Now, to make it work you need Ndiswrapper and proper driver. So for everyone who is strugling with build in marvell libertas the right driver is called:

Marvell_Libertas_8335_v3.2.3.2

This is what you need to make it work.

Inf.file is called:

netmw125.inf

but you will need other files also (sys.) to get it to work so look for:

Marvell_Libertas_8335_v3.2.3.2

If you have problems finding it just Google:

marvell libertas 8335 3232 (rev43)

That's it.

Cheers

Andrew

P.S I have managed to work it under Win7 as well but with another, different inf. file (officially it has no support from MS...).

**** MS, we can make it anyway

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Thanks for sharing and please do not post in threads that have not had activity for a year or longer, since this is an old thread it has been closed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12