Thread: Trouble reading PPC disk

Beans

Trouble reading PPC disk

I am a complete ubuntu noob and I am having a real hard time installing it on my PPC iMac G5.

I downloaded the PPC 8.04 (tried this with both desktop cd and the alternate) and burned with disk utility (cant find out where to change burn speed). The CD seems to be burned correctly, and is not just an iso, but a list of files.

However when I try to boot+C, it goes right to OS X. I've tried alt-boot as well, and the CD never shows up, only the hard-drive. The Ubuntu disk will also not show up in the startup disk utility. I am able to boot properly from my mac osx install disk, which shows up everywhere.

If it is important, how can I change burn speeds in the disk utility? Or if not, what else can I try, I'm running out of ideas.

Beans

Re: Trouble reading PPC disk

ok I got it to work, I guess it was the burn speed. Still haven't figured out how to change the speed in the disk utility, but I was able to do it in toast at 1X. The actual content on the resulting disk was different than with the disk utility, which I personally find weird. Anyways, sorry I wasted your time reading this.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Trouble reading PPC disk

glad you got it working. Please mark as solved (in the thread tools menu at the top of the page).