Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Midori Web Browser

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Midori Web Browser

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Picklesworth View Post
    Wow, thanks for the link to Liferea's PPA. I didn't realize they were working on that

INCREDIBLE improvement from the gecko versions. It's gone from being the heaviest feed reader (yet used grudgingly because it's the most functional) to the lightest and smoothest of the lot!

It even works with notify-osd now. (No actions for notification popups unless there should be).
    I just uploaded the new 1.5.15 version for Jaunty, could you test it ?
    Sorry for my English - Home Page - PPA Webkit - PPA Midori - PPA Liferea - Personal PPA
    «Violence never settles anything.» - Genghis Khan, 1162-1227

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

I am gonna do a test drive on jaunty soon.Last time i used midori there have been a lot of flash crashes.I hope they are fixed because i want to replace firefox

Beans
    Distro

Very fast, no crashes at flash sites and some games i have tried BUT there are 2 issues :

I am using this deb :

Get:3 http://ppa.launchpad.net jaunty/main midori 0.1.5-0+git20090328~jjwkt3 [462kB]

And it does not remember the history + it does not cache the swfs (videos games etc) and there is no icon (not menu entry, icon) at midori at gnome

Beans
    Distro

No history and no icons ?
    You are using both webkit-team and midori PPA ?

I tried it on my Aspire One and it was working just fine.

I have to say I don't understand what is happening to you.
    Sorry for my English - Home Page - PPA Webkit - PPA Midori - PPA Liferea - Personal PPA

Beans
    Distro

Yes i do.But i didn't do a reboot yet.I will report after reboot

Beans
    Distro

Stemp great job! Thanks for compiling and uploading this new toys for all the "we want something lighter to browse our web related contents".

But, I am having this issue with latest Webkit from PPAs:

Whenever I try to open a url with a webkit back-end browser (epiphany-webkit 2.27.0 or latest Midori) I have a 10 - 15 seconds delay until it starts to load. Is there any possibility that this is a bug of the current webkit build or it's an option that can (or has) to be disabled and I haven't checked yet?

The funny thing is that when the browser end up displaying the url that you requested, the following urls related to it (for example if you do a search in google) works like a charm, with no delays no nothing. The first time that happened I thought that it was "the" ipv6 problem again, but no, firefox seems to work ok and IPV6 got into kernel with the last Jaunty update and I haven't got problems with it.

Strange isn't?
    Last edited by tr4nce; March 30th, 2009 at 12:56 AM.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by tr4nce View Post
    Whenever I try to open a url with a webkit back-end browser (epiphany-webkit 2.27.0 or latest Midori) I have a 10 - 15 seconds delay until it starts to load. Is there any possibility that this is a bug of the current webkit build or it's an option that can (or has) to be disabled and I haven't checked yet?

The funny thing is that when the browser end up displaying the url that you requested, the following urls related to it (for example if you do a search in google) works like a charm, with no delays no nothing. The first time that happened I thought that it was "the" ipv6 problem again, but no, firefox seems to work ok and IPV6 got into kernel with the last Jaunty update and I haven't got problems with it.

Strange isn't?
    DO you mean the last 1.3.3-3 from the PPA or just in all the 1.3.3 build ?
    Because the last modifications in the PPA are about dropping the dbg files (they were very big and the PPA was sometime full).

I'm using midori on a Aspire One with Jaunty and it fly, so I'm really surprised (but I'm not using IPV6).

Quote Originally Posted by tr4nce View Post
    Stemp great job! Thanks for compiling and uploading this new toys for all the "we want something lighter to browse our web related contents".
    And don't forget the real WebKit packagers from Debian, Mike Hommey and Gustavo Noronha Silva. They did an impressive job.

Beans

i found Midori to be very fast, but too much hard work. i'm keeping eye on its development though, hopefully bugs will get fixed without slowing it down

Beans

I can't wait until Midori is a bit more stable. It is definitely the fastest graphical browser I've used and it uses webkit and gtk, which is perfect for my minimal desktop.

However, it crashes a lot on large websites for me, so I'll stick to firefox until it becomes more mature.

I'm keeping an eye on its progress

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

I cant install Midori PPA version, dependacy error

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast