Thread: How to set default icon size?

Beans

How to set default icon size?

Whenever an icon is created on my (ubuntu gnome) desktop, it's always extremely small...to the point where I can't even tell what it is without checking its Properties. I know there has to be a way to make the icons bigger by default without having to manually stretch each one, but I'll be darned if I can figure out how. Can anyone help?

(Sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum. I wasn't sure where to put it.)

Beans

Re: How to set default icon size?

Hmm. I'm getting the feeling either I'm asking a really stupid question or for some reason there's no way of doing what I'm asking. Can someone tell me one way or the other?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Bring up Nautilus, e.g. Places> Home Folder. Then click on Edit> Preferences. In the "Views" tab there is an "Icon View Defaults" setting. Choose whatever percentage is comfortable for you and it will apply immediately to all of your folder and desktop icons. Or you can right-click on the offending icon and select "Stretch Icon" from the menu and make it whatever size you please.
    Last edited by todak; August 21st, 2008 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Added info

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I've been using ubuntu for years, but haven't had to do this particular thing in a while. Well, now I did, and I just could not figure it out. Not "System > Prefs > Appearance" Not anywhere. I was going nuts. So this post of yours is still helping people!