Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [SOLVED] Epson V200 scanner & Hardy

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Question [SOLVED] Epson V200 scanner & Hardy

I recently bought & installed in Gutsy a new Epson V200 scanner, thanks to the excellent thread:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=627650&page=3 (now archived).

I just did a clean install of Hardy, so am ready to reinstall the scanner.

Is the best (& complete...) procedure that shown in post #41 of that thread?
    I've got my scanner working! I added the line "epkowa" to the /etc/sane.d/dll.conf file as suggested here:
    http://uellue.de/blog/single.php?date=1192278660

So, to summarise, for Ubuntu Hardy users the process is:

Download the driver RPMs "iscan" and "iscan-plugin".

Unpack them and use "alien" to convert to deb packages.

Install them using the "dpkg --install" command or by right clicking on the file and then clicking "Open with GDebi package installer"

Add the line "epkowa" to /etc/sane.d/dll.conf

Check that your scanner is seen using "scanimage -L"

You should now be ready to scan using xsane.

One cautionary note - I haven't yet thoroughly tested my scanner, but it has successfully acquired a preview so it should be OK.
    Or what?

Thanks for any help!
    Acer Aspire TC-100-007: Multi boot W10 / 20.04 / 18.04 LTS: Canon TS705: Epson V200: also Asus 1015PED: W7 / 18.04 Lubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Smile Re: Epson V200 scanner & Hardy

Well, in the end I did just that & basically it works straight away!

Thanks to robc02 & thanks to Epson!

Slight snag with XSane Viewer, see:http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=901664
    but I guess that is nothing to do with installing the V200.

Wouldn't it be nice if it was just plug-&-play though?....
    Acer Aspire TC-100-007: Multi boot W10 / 20.04 / 18.04 LTS: Canon TS705: Epson V200: also Asus 1015PED: W7 / 18.04 Lubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: [SOLVED] Epson V200 scanner & Hardy

Has anyone made the scanner work under Intrepid? After the upgrade the system no longer recognizes it. I went over the same procedure as half a year ago on Hardy, but it doesn't help.
    "Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Sorry, I (who started this thread) am not even going to try Intrepid until the kernel-panic problems (started in Hardy & continuing in Intrepid) are fixed.

See:http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=832383

For me, Ubuntu is dead in the water for now.
    Thank goodness for XP.

Sorry.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

I have the same question as boddhisatva. Does anyone have the Epson V200 scanner working in Intrepid? I also followed the uellue link. Everything seems OK except the scanner isn't recognized with scanimage -L.

Beans
    Distro

Additional information...... The Epson V200 is recognized with "sudo scanimage -L", but is not recognized without "sudo". Do I need to somehow fix permissions?

Thanks

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by wsscott View Post
    I have the same question as boddhisatva. Does anyone have the Epson V200 scanner working in Intrepid? I also followed the uellue link. Everything seems OK except the scanner isn't recognized with scanimage -L.
    I got the scanner working in Intrepid. As in Hardy, I followed the instructions from here: http://ubuntuguide.org/wiki/Dapper#Setting_up_USB
    It talks about lisane.rules. Now, in Hardy that file doesn't exist and isn't necessary (it worked fine without it). In Intrepid the file doesn't exist either, but for some reason the scanner doesn't work like it did in Hardy. So I just created the file (/etc/udev/rules.d/45-libsane.rules) and put whatever came out of 'lsusb' into it (in fact I just copied the line from that link, as 'lsusb' showed the same as there). In other words, I just followed the instructions to a T, the only thing I needed to do extra was create the libsane.rules file and copy the text there. I was quite amazed that worked (it was a rather random idea). I hope it will be the same on other machines running on Intrepid.
    "Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go"

Beans
    Distro

Smile Re: [SOLVED] Epson V200 scanner & Hardy

Followed instructions from boddhisatva to add 45-libsane.rules to /etc/udev/rules.d/........scanner worked immediately!

Beans
    Distro

Had the same problem with my Epson Stylus CX7800. Adding 45-libsane.rules to /etc/udev/rules.d did not work for me. There is already a file 50-libsane-extra.rules there that has the appropriate lines in it. I did fix it by creating and adding the proper information to /etc/sane.d/epkowa.conf. That file was in Hardy but missing from my Intrepid installation. I posted the details here. Scanner now works fine.
    Linux User #448337
    Gigabyte EP45-UD3L MB, Q9650 Core 2 Quad @ 3.3 GHz (OC), 8 GB OCZ Platinum DDR2 SDRAM, EVGA GeForce 8800 GTS w/640MB, 40 GB Intel SSD, 2.0 TB x2 SATA RAID1, Ubuntu 17.04 x86_64

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I have this 'almost' working fine in 8.10, however...
    sudo scanimage -L shows the printer.
    sudo xsane warns me I shouldn't do this, but it works.
    xsane as user reports no scanner found.

I followed the directions above, only I had to add epkowa to /etc/sane.d/dll.conf

I feel like I'm almost there, but not quite there. Any suggestiions?

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast