Thread: audacity manual terminal

Beans

audacity manual terminal

downloaded manual zip to desktop. pasted the terminal commands from website, into terminal, pressed enter. it demands my password.
    which is fair enough. but i cant find a way of entering it. ive tried various different ways of adding my password into the line of text.
    ive tried shouting and waving my fist, but the terminal is not impressed, and refuses to help.

i will study all the usefull teaching material, and gain an understanding of the terminal over time.

but as a new user i want to install the audacity manual, and understand that first.

what should i type in ?

Beans

Re: audacity manual terminal

sudo apt-get install audacity.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ManamiVixen View Post
    sudo apt-get install audacity.
    audacity previously installed.
    trying to install manual.

typing, sudo apt-get install audacity.

gives me [sudo] password for zen@zen : then the inability to type anything, how do i enter my password?..thanks jetwelder.

Beans
    Hidden!

When you type your password in the terminal it is not echoed (shown) on the screen, not even as asterisks, because that is deemed to be a security risk.

Just type it as normal and hit enter; if you've typed it correctly everything should work fine.
    DISTRO: Xubuntu 14.04-64bit --- Code-tags --- Boot-Repair --- Grub2 wiki & Grub2 Basics --- RootSudo

Beans

aha, thanks people. so its the old invisibility ploy. amazing. jetwelder.