Thread: delete and down arrow keys toggle touchpad, right arrow key doesn't work

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

delete and down arrow keys toggle touchpad, right arrow key doesn't work

Oh, and I just found out that the up arrow is no longer working either. When I hit either the down arrow or the delete key my touchpad disables, or re-enables, and a little graphic appears in the right hand cornier of the screen to notify me of this (like when I lower or raise the volume).

What's strange is that the left arrow works just fine.

This happened a couple of days ago. I installed the flashcard program Anki a couple of days ago, would that have anything to do with it?

Beans

Re: delete and down arrow keys toggle touchpad, right arrow key doesn't work

I know this is a old thread, but this has just happened to me, I didn't install such a program.

I am using acer aspire s7 ultrabook
    installed ubuntu 12.04.

This has started only recently.

The exact same thing, up arrow, right arrow doesn't work, Del key toggles touchpad on, down key toggles touchpad off.

Interesting this is: when I use the Fn key and press the arrow keys their previous functions still work: volume & brightness

Is there anywhere I can look that might help solving the problem?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 17.10 Artful Aardvark

Re: delete and down arrow keys toggle touchpad, right arrow key doesn't work

If a post is older than a year or so and hasn't had a new reply in that time, instead of replying to it, create a new thread. In the software world, a lot can change in a very short time, and doing things this way makes it more likely that you will find the best information. You may link to the original discussion in the new thread if you think it may be helpful.