Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: this is a testimonial for mandriva

Beans

this is a testimonial for mandriva

i know this is the wrong forum but i just installed mandriva on my other hd (big mistake) the gui looks terrible in my thoughts package management is good but theres alot of glitches with my dell hardwarei went to the forum no real support from ppl i just feel frustrated theres nothing i could really do i thought i could just go kde once and try out baghira mac4kde but everything failed on my part

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: this is a testimonial for mandriva

Mandriva works perfect on my rig, it's been my distro of choice for quite some time. I just love their KDE implementation
    The limits of my language mean the limits of my world

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by karellen View Post
    Mandriva works perfect on my rig, it's been my distro of choice for quite some time. I just love their KDE implementation
    i guess everyones different...

Beans

Mandriva works perfectly fine for me, even the 2009 beta. Which forum did you go to. The one at club.mandriva.com is quite active and there are many Mandriva experts and developers that hang out there.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

i know people that made a big mistake when they installed windows vista. so? just use what works for you. there isnt an OS on earth that will work with every computer. when will people realise this? btw, mandriva works perfect for me also. have a nice day, and i hope you find what you're looking for.

karellen:
    i totally agree. mandriva is a wonderful kde based distro. (this is coming from someone that doesnt like kde generally)
    Last edited by wolfen69; August 12th, 2008 at 04:08 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Moved

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by EnGorDiaz View Post
    i know this is the wrong forum but i just installed mandriva on my other hd (big mistake) the gui looks terrible in my thoughts package management is good but theres alot of glitches with my dell hardwarei went to the forum no real support from ppl i just feel frustrated theres nothing i could really do i thought i could just go kde once and try out baghira mac4kde but everything failed on my part
    Can you give me the links to your forum posts?

Which Version and flavour of Mandriva did you use (Free, One, Powerpack)?
    Did you use KDE, GNOME or XFCE?

Look and feel is a matter of taste, but you can adapt it the way you like.

Regards,
    TeaAge

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I rather like their KDE and never had any problems...

Registered Linux User #419773, Ubuntu User #8473 ("It Is What It Is")

If you type rm -Rf / as root at command line you will get herpes... then die... (okay, it'll erase ALL your data)

Beans

i know this is the wrong forum but i just installed mandriva on my other hd (big mistake)
    Yeah. That sounds terrible !?

the gui looks terrible in my thoughts
    Hey, most linux distros look like crap by default. Lets face it, linux users lack taste for the most part. Mandriva is no exception, other than that i think the "ia ora" is a good fit for kde, but i've seen better. They should really get rid of the crystal icon set in kde though!

package management is good
    Urpmi kinda grows on you. I still don't like the GUI though. Notice it's like dialog, on dialog, all thrown out randomly on your screen? How about some polish? It looks a bit hackish.

theres alot of glitches with my dell hardwarei
    Mandriva has been very good to me in that regard. However, you need to let mandrivas control center do some work with that sometimes. (binary drivers, firmware etc).

i went to the forum no real support from ppl i just feel frustrated theres nothing i could really do i thought i could just go kde once and try out baghira mac4kde but everything failed on my part
    Didn't quite get that. What was your question again? (remember punctuation, paragraphs, question mark etc)
    - "though It seems that I know that I know, what I would like to see Is the I that sees me, when I know that I know that I know" / Alan Watts

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by EnGorDiaz View Post
    "The Gui looks terrible"
    Such a statement is worthless without more information and examples on what you didn't like.

Looks are a matter of taste. IMO, Mandriva offers one of the best looks out of the box and the look is very consistent whichever DE you use. I still modify it to my liking though, like I've done on every Linux distro I've tried.

"but theres alot of glitches with my dell hardware"
    What glitches? Once again you don't include any information or examples.

"went to the forum no real support from ppl"
    Links to your posts? The official forum is full of helpful people/Mandriva users.

It sounds like you're used to Gnome? If so then switching to KDE may be a reason for not liking the GUI. Just remember, Mandriva is not just about KDE. I use it with Gnome myself.

If you dislike something and want to give people advice, you should really try to include the needed information. Statements like "it's ugly" and "there are a lot of glitches" are worth nothing without further info.

Regards,
    Hedge
    Last edited by wxnker; August 21st, 2008 at 01:35 PM.
    Ubuntu 13.04 - Gnome Shell 3.8.x

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast