Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Converting youtube videos to PSP compatible videos

Beans

Converting youtube videos to PSP compatible videos

Hi There,

Hope this message finds you well,

I have tried many things but nothing is working, previously on ubuntu 9.4, i had a single line of code which used to do the job of converting .flv to .mp4(psp compatible)

but now as i installed 9.10 from the CD and asked it to clear the previous installation, I am unable to find the line of code and now i am back to "square one".

So please point me to any good working tool you might want to suggest ?

Beans

Re: Converting youtube videos to PSP compatible videos

tried

ffmpeg -i mantra.flv -b 300 -s 320x240 -vcodec xvid -ab 32 -ar 24000 -acodec aac M4V00010.mp4

got error :
    FFmpeg version SVN-r19352-4:0.5+svn20090706-2ubuntu2, Copyright (c) 2000-2009 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
    configuration: --extra-version=4:0.5+svn20090706-2ubuntu2 --prefix=/usr --enable-avfilter --enable-avfilter-lavf --enable-vdpau --enable-bzlib --enable-libgsm --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-pthreads --enable-zlib --disable-stripping --disable-vhook --enable-gpl --enable-postproc --enable-swscale --enable-x11grab --enable-libdc1394 --extra-cflags=-I/build/buildd/ffmpeg-0.5+svn20090706/debian/include --enable-shared --disable-static
    libavutil 49.15. 0 / 49.15. 0
    libavcodec 52.20. 0 / 52.20. 0
    libavformat 52.31. 0 / 52.31. 0
    libavdevice 52. 1. 0 / 52. 1. 0
    libavfilter 0. 4. 0 / 0. 4. 0
    libswscale 0. 7. 1 / 0. 7. 1
    libpostproc 51. 2. 0 / 51. 2. 0
    built on Oct 13 2009 22:15:16, gcc: 4.4.1

Seems stream 0 codec frame rate differs from container frame rate: 2000.00 (2000/1) -> 11.99 (12000/1001)
    Input #0, flv, from 'mantra.flv':
    Duration: 00:03:48.49, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 201 kb/s
    Stream #0.0: Video: h264, yuv420p, 320x184 [PAR 1:1 DAR 40:23], 201 kb/s, 11.99 tbr, 1k tbn, 2k tbc
    Stream #0.1: Audio: aac, 22050 Hz, stereo, s16
    WARNING: The bitrate parameter is set too low. It takes bits/s as argument, not kbits/s
    WARNING: The bitrate parameter is set too low. It takes bits/s as argument, not kbits/s
    Unknown encoder 'xvid'
    jvk@jvk-laptop:~/Videos/forPSP$ ffmpeg -i mantra.flv -b 300 -s 320x240 -vcodec xvid -ab 32 -ar 24000 -acodec aac M4V00010.mp4

Any suggestions ????

Beans

I don't have a PSP, but I would guess copying the video and audio into a MP4 container should suffice since I believe it can handle H.264/AAC:
    Code:
    ffmpeg -i mantra.flv -acodec copy -vcodec copy mantra.mp4
    No re-encoding, so no quality loss. Also, FFmpeg is attempting to tell you what is wrong with your command:
    Code:
    Add a "k" to your bitrates: -b 300k and -ab 32k.
    Code:
    Unknown encoder 'xvid'
    There is no encoder named xvid. See a list of supported encoders with:
    Code:
    ffmpeg -formats
    You may also need to enable restricted formats:
    HOWTO: Easily enable MP3, MPEG4, AAC, and other restricted encoding in FFmpeg
    Last edited by FakeOutdoorsman; November 5th, 2009 at 08:24 AM. Reason: PSP isn't PS 3

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Not familiar with PSP 3, but there are a few Firefox extensions that will allow you to download videos in MP4 format. I'm currently using the 1-Click YouTube Video Downloader, and it works great.

Hope that helps.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jlr1701 View Post
    Not familiar with PSP 3, but there are a few Firefox extensions that will allow you to download videos in MP4 format. I'm currently using the 1-Click YouTube Video Downloader, and it works great.

Hope that helps.
    You are right but PSP needs special treatment, even though I can get MP4 format videos it wont recognise them on my PSP, i says corrupted data, soo.. I need to convert it to a format so that PSP likes it...

Beans

vixy.net is a nice app for getting anything off youtube into another format, but that is a windows app.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by FakeOutdoorsman View Post
    I don't have a PSP 3, but I would guess copying the video and audio into a MP4 container should suffice since I believe it can handle H.264/AAC:
    Code:
    ffmpeg -i mantra.flv -acodec copy -vcodec copy mantra.mp4
    No re-encoding, so no quality loss. Also, FFmpeg is attempting to tell you what is wrong with your command:
    Code:
    Add a "k" to your bitrates: -b 300k and -ab 32k.
    Code:
    Unknown encoder 'xvid'
    There is no encoder named xvid. See a list of supported encoders with:
    Code:
    ffmpeg -formats
    You may also need to enable restricted formats:
    HOWTO: Easily enable MP3, MPEG4, AAC, and other restricted encoding in FFmpeg
    Hi thank you for the reply, but the thing is PSP cannot handle default mp4 i guess,
    because all the videos I can play in PSP are having the following information
    ex 1:
    Size : 29MB
    Length 4'54"
    Resolution : 320 x 240
    video codec MPEG-4 736 kbps
    Audio Codec AAC 64 kbps
    Sampling frequency : 24.000 Khz

The Video I converted using your command and placed it in the PSP :

Size : 7432 KB
    Length 3'48"
    Resolution nothing)
    video codec:-
    Audio Codec:-
    Sampling frequency : -

So can you please tell me how to convert my video, so that it has the properties as in example 1,

thanks a ton for ur time

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by vamshi617 View Post
    Hi thank you for the reply, but the thing is PSP cannot handle default mp4 i guess,
    because all the videos I can play in PSP are having the following information
    ex 1:
    Size : 29MB
    Length 4'54"
    Resolution : 320 x 240
    video codec MPEG-4 736 kbps
    Audio Codec AAC 64 kbps
    Sampling frequency : 24.000 Khz

The Video I converted using your command and placed it in the PSP :

Size : 7432 KB
    Length 3'48"
    Resolution nothing)
    video codec:-
    Audio Codec:-
    Sampling frequency : -

So can you please tell me how to convert my video, so that it has the properties as in example 1,

thanks a ton for ur time
    Duh... I confused a PSP with a PS 3 in my first post. Well, that may explain why my suggestion didn't work. Try this:
    Code:
    ffmpeg -i input.flv -acodec copy -vcodec mpeg4 -qscale 5 -s 320x240 output.mp4

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

can you use
    sony media manager 3 for the psp.
    i use in xp but havent tried in linux yet.
    i believe the new version will conver for you.

i still use the original version and have no trouble moving movies over to my psp.
    it arranges all the movies into the correct files with the image file for you.

i know what a pain the psp can be
    yes i'm a nood

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Check out HandBreak. Also, Vixy.net has an online converter that converts Youtube vids and you download them in MP4 format. It is slow as all hell though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast