Thread: ZSNES Sound Problems

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

ZSNES Sound Problems

I got ZSNES running nice and smoothly, but I can't figure out for the death of me how to get the sound work.

I've tried fiddling with the configs, yet nothing is working.

Anyone have any ideas?

Beans

Re: ZSNES Sound Problems

Hi there,

had the same problem. Fixed it (or at least, made it work) by installing the package alsa-oss from universe. You could give it a try.

Rolf Deenen.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

u dont need to configure nothing or mess with any files just open up terminal and type in

zsnes -ad sdl

sound should work perfect from now on when u click the zsnes link... dont use sudo for this...that will just allow sound when u run zsnes as root... type it just the way i gave it to u and sound will work everytime from now on.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by bigdee973 View Post
    u dont need to configure nothing or mess with any files just open up terminal and type in

zsnes -ad sdl

sound should work perfect from now on when u click the zsnes link... dont use sudo for this...that will just allow sound when u run zsnes as root... type it just the way i gave it to u and sound will work everytime from now on.
    Also make sure that you have your sound sampling rate @ 48000HZ. It still sounded like crap when I had the sound at the default sampling rate.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Confirmed. I had the same problem and this worked for me. Thanks a lot!

Beans
    Distro
    Edgy Eft Testing

I've noticed that the sound breaks if you go to fullscreen, sounding really noisy or choppy. If you change the sample rate after you go to fullscreen, then it fixes this. Luckily, you can enter the GUI in fullscreen to do this. On some emulators (like Gens, which has this same problem), you can't enter the GUI in fullscreen and you're stuck with this problem.

Beans

I know im a few months late, but this worked for me also! THANX ALOT