Thread: Ubuntu always sets the system clock 1 hour fast

Beans

Ubuntu always sets the system clock 1 hour fast

Whenever I start up Ubuntu it has always set my system clock one hour fast. When I boot up into windows the clock is always fast until I reset it or the it syncs with the internet server. Changing the timezone has no effect, and changing the clock manually doesn't solve the problem either (it just sets it self back to one hour fast on reboot), how to I set the clock to run properly?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Ubuntu always sets the system clock 1 hour fast

Try running
    Code:
    sudo dpkg-reconfigure tzdata
    and choose the correct settings. If that doesn't fix things even following the next reboot, post back here and we'll look deeper into the issue. But, basically, that's the first thing to try.;
    I am aware of all internet traditions. | Getting the best help | Text formatting codes | My last.fm profile
    Should I PM support questions? NO!

Beans

That appears to have worked. I think it was really that I just kept choosing cities that were 1 hour ahead of where I live, until I sat there and googled what time it was in all of those cities. I wish it would have just given me that options of "Central Time, Eastern Time etc..." but at least it's fixed now. Thanks!

Beans

I was having the same problem, this helped. Thanks.