Thread: sudo password

Beans

Exclamation sudo password

im trying to sudo install some programs but when i type a sudo command it asksw for my sudo password but when i try to type i cant HELP!!!!!!!!!

Beans

Re: sudo password

It is invisible typing in, you won't see any sign you're typing it in. Just type in as normal and press enter

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by ss2pheonix View Post
    im trying to sudo install some programs but when i type a sudo command it asksw for my sudo password but when i try to type i cant HELP!!!!!!!!!
    yeah, its typing, you just can't see it.

Beans

ok well what is my sudo password is it just my admin password or is it something different and if it is how do i change it

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Should be your username password
    64-Bit User-Group // Twin-View AMD64 X2 6000+|Geforce 9500GT 1024 MB|8GB PC2-6400 DDR2|500GB Seagate SATA // AMD64 X2 4400+|Geforce 8600GTS |4GB PC2-6400 DDR2|360GB Samsung SATA // Ubuntu 9.04 & 9.10 64-Bit

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ss2pheonix View Post
    ok well what is my sudo password is it just my admin password or is it something different and if it is how do i change it
    When accessing sudo, you use your own account password. To change it (you're own password), drop on your terminal and issue the command below:

Code:
    sudo passwd your_username
    and input your current password followed by your new password and confirmation password.
    Steady movement is more important than speed, much of the time. So long as there is a regular progression of Stimuli to get your mental hooks into, there is room for lateral movement. Once this begins, its rate is a matter of discretion.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

You would only need to neter the root password if you were issuing the su command
    64-Bit User-Group // Twin-View AMD64 X2 6000+|Geforce 9500GT 1024 MB|8GB PC2-6400 DDR2|500GB Seagate SATA // AMD64 X2 4400+|Geforce 8600GTS |4GB PC2-6400 DDR2|360GB Samsung SATA // Ubuntu 9.04 & 9.10 64-Bit

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by iaculallad View Post
    When accessing sudo, you use your own account password. To change it (you're own password), drop on your terminal and issue the command below:

Code:
    sudo passwd your_username
    and input your current password followed by your new password and confirmation password.
    Alternatively you can always change your password in the terminal with
    Code:
    passwd
    No need to be root or use sudo or anything special. I mean, why make it more complicated than it is?
    GNU/Linux>Windows