Thread: Logitech Cordless Desktop keyboard

Beans

Logitech Cordless Desktop keyboard

Hello, on my keyboard, the special media buttons such as Mute, next track etc. have somehow become muddled up. The functionality of the buttons has shifted around, it happened months ago and I don't know what caused it.

At the moment my "Email" button actually performs Mute, the Mute button toggles the F-Lock, the Prev Track button acts as the middle mouse button, the Play button increases the volume, the Stop button does nothing. It used to all just work!

Please can someone help me with this? It's a Logitech Cordless Desktop.

I've installed Keytouch and configured it yet nothing changes.

If anyone can help I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks.
    Mark

Beans

Re: Logitech Cordless Desktop keyboard

bump. can anybody help with this please?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

If you're using Ubuntu, have you tried going to System->Preferences->Keyboard Shortcuts and changing the settings there?

Beans

Thanks, I just tried that but it it detects some keys and not others and also it detects different keys as the same, its like i have the wrong keyboard driver installed. Would you know how I get Ubuntu to re-detect it? Should I comment the keyboard section out of my xorg.conf file and reboot?

Beans

I sorted it now.

I tried running the live CD and the problem was still there.

I then unplugged the USB keyboard receiver, rebooted and reconnected it, but the problem remained.

So then I took out the batteries from the keyboard and re-established the connection with the receiving unit. It's working fine now

Thanks.

Beans

This solution (turn off, turn on) also worked to fix the language settings of my wireless logitech keyboard. I was looking for a way to switch the language / country settings for like 1 hour. Turning the keyboard off and on fixed it: öäü. Amazing ...!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Thanks for sharing and please do not post in threads that have not had activity for a year or longer, since this is an old thread it has been closed.