Thread: KDE4 Remix and KDE4.1

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

KDE4 Remix and KDE4.1

Does anyone know if the KDE4 Remix iso of Kubuntu will be updated to 4.1? I know that you can update your installation of kde from whatever version to 4.1, but when it comes to major updates like this I prefer to have it be a fresh installation.

Other than the reason stated above, the other reason I'm asking is because I've been having issues with the Launchpad repo made available and listed on kubuntu.org. I've updated my repo list as well as "sudo apt-get update", but when I enter in the commands posted on kubuntu.org:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
    or
    Code:
    udo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install kubuntu-kde4-desktop
    It either tells me that there are 0 packages to upgrade or install, or it tells me that "kubuntu-kde4-desktop" is already installed and up-to-date.

Anyone have any ideas?

Beans

Re: KDE4 Remix and KDE4.1

upgrade to debian experimental! so long as you're going for a fresh machine ... it's far more fun that running a "safe" distro like kubuntu. I started with stock sidux to get a spicy version of debian unstable, then followed the sidux wiki for installing kde4, then did a full-upgrade to experimental. i love the bleeding edge!
    "First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win." --Mohandas Gandhi

Microsoft has just begun to fight us.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: KDE4 Remix and KDE4.1

Ok so I'm not exactly sure what I did differently, but I just did 2 fresh installations and it upgraded with no problems to 4.1

I used
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
    for upgrading the Kubuntu remix distro.