Thread: ICS: XPS2 > Xubuntu ... please help me : (

Angry ICS: XPS2 > Xubuntu ... please help me : (

Hello people.

I am trying and failing to get my Xubuntu computer to connect to the internet through my XP computer.

I've connected the Xubuntu computer to my XP computer via a UTP patch cable, enabled ICS on my internet connection, but the computers don't seem to be connected to each other AT ALL.

I don't get it

The XP computer connects to the internet through a router, which seems to be connected to a modem. I connected the Xubuntu computer to the XP computer through a PCI ethernet card. ( not the one connected to the router )

Enabling ICS is confusing me. For some reason there are 3 internet connections shown in My Network Connections:

Local Network Connection, Local Network Connection 2, and 1394 Connection.

The connection XP is using to connect to said router is Local Network Connection. Local Network Connection 2 says a network cable is unplugged and I have no idea wth 1394 Connection is o__O

Anyway, Could someone please help me here? idk what to do to get this to work. It worked when I did this with my Xbox 360...

Re: ICS: XPS2 > Xubuntu ... please help me : (

Re: ICS: XPS2 > Xubuntu ... please help me : (

Thanks, now I know what that is ; Doesn't really solve my problem though... I've been reading some other posts, is this happening because I am using the wrong type of cable?

Could someone link me to a guide on how to do what I am trying to do, or even put it in their own words?
    Last edited by tera_ill; August 7th, 2008 at 01:00 PM.