Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Add/Remove

Beans

Add/Remove

For some reason every time I try to add/remove/upgrade a program it says that an error occurred and that I should manually run the "dpkg--configure-a" to correct the problem. I'm really frustrated, I'm new to Ubuntu and I just simply don't know what to do.

Beans

Re: Add/Remove

Quote Originally Posted by Pen3356 View Post
    For some reason every time I try to add/remove/upgrade a program it says that an error occurred and that I should manually run the "dpkg--configure-a" to correct the problem. I'm really frustrated, I'm new to Ubuntu and I just simply don't know what to do.
    Go to Applications->Accessories->Terminal, this should open your terminal and issue the command below to correct the error: Supply your password (password not being echoed back on screen is normal, just enter your password and hit enter key).

Code:
    sudo dpkg--configure-a
    Steady movement is more important than speed, much of the time. So long as there is a regular progression of Stimuli to get your mental hooks into, there is room for lateral movement. Once this begins, its rate is a matter of discretion.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by iaculallad View Post
    Go to Applications->Accessories->Terminal, this should open your terminal and issue the command below to correct the error: Supply your password (password not being echoed back on screen is normal, just enter your password and hit enter key).

Code:
    sudo dpkg--configure-a
    I just tried that, and it says "command not found"

Beans

I just tried that, and it says "command not found"
    That would be:

Code:
    sudo dpkg --configure -a
    There's a space between dpkg and --configure and -a
    Steady movement is more important than speed, much of the time. So long as there is a regular progression of Stimuli to get your mental hooks into, there is room for lateral movement. Once this begins, its rate is a matter of discretion.

Beans

That would be:

Code:
    sudo dpkg --configure -a
    There's a space between dpkg and --configure and -a

Thank you so much! I felt very illiterate. [I installed Ubuntu about 2 days ago; I left windows]

Beans

That's a good choice. Goodluck and Welcome to Ubuntu (Linux in General).

Beans

That's a good choice. Goodluck and Welcome to Ubuntu (Linux in General).
    Thank you, Which Messenger Program do you recommend in which the webcam can be used?

Beans

Thank you, Which Messenger Program do you recommend in which the webcam can be used?
    Try Ekiga. It supports webcam and VoIP (SIP) and offers SIP messages too.

Beans

Try Ekiga. It supports webcam and VoIP (SIP) and offers SIP messages too.
    will that work with somebody that has MSN?

Beans

will that work with somebody that has MSN?
    Try to read this page and find it out yourself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast