Thread: [SOLVED] Laptop Internal Wireless Capability

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Question [SOLVED] Laptop Internal Wireless Capability

Ok. So I have a Toshiba laptop, and this is the last machine I have that does NOT have Ubuntu on it. I would like to get rid of Microcrap for good, but I want to make sure the wireless card in my laptop will work with Ubuntu 8.04.

Does anyone have any suggestions or instructions? I can't stand using Microcrap anymore! Once I learned that I can use WINE for Photoshop and stuff, I really don't care about anything else.

Please help me out guys and gals!

Thank you in advance!

Beans

Re: Laptop Internal Wireless Capability

Hi Minitux,

It *should* be able to work. What you can try is installing hardy heron using the wubi installer.

That way you can be sure you can still fall back on Windows. Give it a go and reply if you have any problems. I struggled for awhile with my Toshiba but managed to get it going. I'm willing to help if you need any.

Wessie!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

May I ask what the "wubi" installer is? I'm sort of new to Ubuntu... I'm used to red had n stuff.... So I do need help! hehe Could you please explain how to use the "wubi" installer and what the heck it is? And I won't lose any of my Microcrap data?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Hello? Is this thing on?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Thanks for nothing.... I got it on my own.... Now, I just need to figure out how to play DVD's properly on my system... oh well... won't ask any of you... This DOES NOT count "wessie" whom actually TRIED to help... thank you wessie!