Thread: Please teach me

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Wink Please teach me

Hi Guys,
    I am familiar with windows networking. Now I like to learn about linux. But I Do not know anything about linux. Where can I get full support about ubuntu linux & How can I install it.

I got ubuntu linux pc edition. Now ordered for server edition. Please put the help links here.

If another user asked this question already, please put his thread's links here.

If I put this question in wrong area, excuse me & move this correct section.

Thank you.

wpshooter is offline Ubuntu addict and loving it
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Please teach me

Yogs:

If you have the Live CD version of Ubuntu just put it into your CD drive (after making sure that CD-ROM drive is your first bootable device) and just run the "live session" (as opposed to actually installing it on your hard drive) and see if when you get up to the Ubuntu desktop you can click on Firefox icon in the panel and connect properly to the internet. If you can you are petty much on your way to using Ubuntu. Then you just need to decide if you actually want to install it on your hard drive. Please note that the performance, etc. of running Ubuntu from the CD is NOT necessarily a good indicator of how it will run/perform when actually installed on your hard drive.

Good luck.

Beans

Re: Please teach me

For installing read this.
    For support this and this for start.