Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Intel Wireless Wifi Link 5100 on Hardy

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Re: Intel Wireless Wifi Link 5100 on Hardy

Acer Aspire 5930g intel 5100 works out of the box on Kubuntu 8.10 rc desktop amd64

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by remu View Post
    Seattle Vic: Could you do me one more favour please. Go ahead and save this script and then run it. http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-info.sh. this will then post alsa debugging information out to a website. If you could post that, it would be great! I'm trying to figure out what Audio Codec is being used in your system. I am having sound issues even though we both are using the ICH9 Chipset.
    Thanks!
    I have an Asus M51VR. I did a fresh install with Kubuntu 8.10 RC and my wifi seems to work. I recommend you to do a fresh install !

My sound card works perfectly and you can find my alsa debugging information on : http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=5c...45fca350f2e8f0

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Okay, I know this isn't related to the Wifi. But anyone having sound issues, especially on the HP dv4, dv5, and dv7. Even if you have used to get a work around to fix the problem for you. Read this: http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...9&postcount=26. This actually fixes the issue without any nasty kernel option side effects. Or it did for me anyway.
    Hope this helps.
    HP Pavilion dv4t
    Intel Core2Duo P7350 - 2GB DDR2 Ram - 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 9200M GS
    Intel(R) WiFi Link 5100AGN and Bluetooth(TM)
    250GB 5400RPM SATA Hard - LightScribe SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-RW

Beans

Thank you remu. I too have a clean install of Intrepid and got my sound working on my dv7 laptop. The max volume is nowhere near what you get in vista, but it works. Is there a way to get more volume?

Beans

I just did a clean install of Intrepid on my HP proliant dv7-1025nr laptop, and got almost everything working. My wireless card is currently working but it is intermittent. Sometimes on reboot, the wireless card is disabled and the only way to get the card to enable is to boot into vista, power down and then boot into ubuntu. Is anyone having similar troubles with their wireless? Is there any command to reset the card without having to boot into windows.

thank you.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by kacike76 View Post
    Thank you remu. I too have a clean install of Intrepid and got my sound working on my dv7 laptop. The max volume is nowhere near what you get in vista, but it works. Is there a way to get more volume?
    Open the volume control, then take the "Front", "Headphones", and "Master" to the maximum. Use PCM to control the volume in the future. To get your volume slider on your keyboard to control the audio, go to System>Pref>Sound, at the bottom, choose Alsa Mixer from the drop down box and click PCM to highlight it, then hit close. Hopefully that should fix it. Let me know if it does or doesn't.

As for the wireless, I am not having any problems on my system, so I don't know what to tell you, sorry.
    HP Pavilion dv4t

Beans

Remu, does your microphone work with your dv4 laptop. I got everything else working except for my mic. I am unable to capture sound using the onboard HDA Intel sound card. When setting the volume controls for capture i adjust the settings to unmute the microphone, but these setting are not retained. I close the window and open it again and the microphone goes back to mute.

Thank you

Beans
    Distro

kacike76, Yes, I got the microphone working. What I needed to do was go to the Volume control, and then under choose preferences. From there, I checked Digital Input Source. Once I did that, I had a new tab under the volume control window called "Options". Then, under the options tab, I chose Digital Mic 1 from the Digital Input source. After doing that my microphone now works.
    Hope that helps you.
    HP Pavilion dv4t

Beans

Working here!

After I've installed Intrepid Ibex on my new work machine Hp 6730s
    wireless Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 5100 AGN was detected but isn't usable (wireless led --> yellow) and no wireless network was recognized.

Then I've installed firmware and downloaded compact wireless, as described in this thread by theburningor (pag.7), rebooted and this time all work great.
    My and other wireless network was detected, wireless led are now blue and I can use my wireless connection (wpa2).

Great

Beans

I am try to get the 5300 to work with.
    Debian Lenny, Amd 64 bit
    I am getting the “SIOCSIFFLAGS: Connection timed out” error after I run “ifconfig wlan0 up”

uname -a
    Linux trabajar 2.6.26-1-amd64 #1 SMP Wed Nov 26 18:26:02 UTC 2008 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Has anyone with the same specs successfully installed this?

Thanks

[EDIT]
    This is so easy to fix.

1. Compile a kernel >= 2.6.27
    - If you use Debian use this tutorial on how to compile a kernel.
    http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?t=20789
    - If you use Ubuntu use this.
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=311158

2. Use this link to download the correct kernel
    http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/

3. When you get to this command from the tutorials "make menuconfig", navigate to this part of the kernel configuration menu.
    Device Drivers/Network device support/Wireless LAN/
    + Scroll down and choose.
    Intel Wireless Wifi Next Gen AGN
    + Choose the following and place an star next to.
    Intel Wireless WiFi 4965AGN and Intel Wireless WiFi 5000AGN
    + Choose Exit at the bottom until you save and exit.
    4. Continue with the kernel compiling.

Work for me Debian Lenny, Linux trabajar 2.6.27.8 #1 SMP Sat Dec 13 01:18:36 EST 2008 x86_64 GNU/Linux, Intel Wireles 5300 AGN

[EDIT]

This .deb file can be used to install the kernel which supports the wifi 5X00 Intel Wifi cards. This is for Debian Lenny 64 bit x86_64.

http://mo-de.net/d/debian_lenny_inte...nel_deb.tar.gz
    Last edited by lindylex; December 23rd, 2008 at 01:42 PM.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast