Thread: Have expectations for Ubuntu been set too high and who is to blame if they have?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Have expectations for Ubuntu been set too high and who is to blame if they have?

What are you thoughts on this?
    *Please insert your own witty and insightful comment here*

Beans

Re: Have expectations for Ubuntu been set too high and who is to blame if they have?

The people who preach about Ubuntu. We just need to tell them some stuff won't work.

Beans

Re: Have expectations for Ubuntu been set too high and who is to blame if they have?

I mean you're talking about Ubuntu "in general", not a particular version?

It depends from where you see it . As long for now, and I hope this keep so, Ubuntu expectations have been perfectly accomplished in a technical way. It's a Debian-based distro that Linux beginners can perfectly use if they are willing to put some effort to learn how to use it, of course.

Maybe, for the average consumer, there are still issues to solve, mainly because people rely on some software that has no decent (in a consumer point of view) FOSS equivalent still. That may be the reason there are people that think Ubuntu expectations were/are too high.

Who's to blame? No one, I think.