Thread: Did A Good Deed Today

Beans

Did A Good Deed Today

So Im at the shopping mall buying my groceries. In front is an elderly lady and a younger man who struck me as a bit special. She was buying a single brocolli. The young man obviously had command of the finances and he was counting each coin to pay for to the bunch of brocolli. Eventually the shop attendant started helping him count it to move along.

A woman behind me tutted audibly her annoyance. Then the checkout lady came to the conclusion they were a dollar and twenty cents short. The old lady said to the younger guy "go get a smaller one then" and he looked at her confused.

The woman behind me tutted twice now getting all annoyed and I turned around, and said "you know what?", and I told everyone I was paying the difference. The old woman was delighted and she thanked God for my blessing. Im not religous but I was anyway quute chuffed about my little deed.

I was thinking on the way home she's probably a widow, who's husband was no doubt drafted into the war and served my country well. Tomorrow is pension pay day so she is obviously skimp until then.

I thought to myself there is too much impatience, too much intolerance and dam not enough heart in the world and if I can do my little bit I can rest easy with myself at night.
    He that will not reason is a bigot; he that cannot reason is a fool; he that dares not reason is a slave.

Beans

Re: Did A Good Deed Today

*claps*

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 6.06 Dapper

Now thats the spirit of ubuntu. War is a terrible thing but sometimes dialogue can pose to be impossible. The world isn't perfect, but we can also strive to make it a better place
    Be ye reconciled unto God
    Gimp Tutorial http://ryanler.wordpress.com/2007/02/01/16/

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Dude, respect from my side also.

Humans are generally cruel. It ain't so fun a world we live in if you ain't got the financial means to keep a low profile...

Often, I am you. But as much as I try, if I have a bad day once in a while, I can also be the bitchy lady getting annoyed in the queue.

We gotta watch not to end up an a**hole like that later on in life.

Bless your heart, nl
    One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and, if it were possible, speak a few reasonable words...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Nice work - it's always good when people help each other out!

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

God bless you

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Nice of you!