Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: A Prettier rEFIt

Beans

Re: A Prettier rEFIt

To all those of you having trouble getting the banner set up (particularly the all black background), make sure that your hideui section doesn't include "banner".

So this is a no-no:
    hideui banner

The .conf file is somewhat misleading as it says you'll be hiding the rEFIt banner but it actually hides whatever banner one chooses, default or otherwise.

Hope this helps. Took me months to figure that out haha.
    MacBook 4,1: 250 GB HD, DVD±R(W) DL, CD-R(W), 4 GB DDR2, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.40 GHz, 802.11b/g/n

Mac OS X 10.6, Linux Mint 10, Windows 7 Ultimate

Beans

To the OP: Mind if I fork your theme? I have already created more icons for Windows + more distros:

My Twitter: http://twitter.com/raprap30
    Follow me!

Beans

Can anyone post the grey monochrome icons for download?
    I'm a total noob at image editing.
    Thanks

Beans

Mac startup background color?

I've been working on a custom banner for refit, but I can't get the default Mac boot background color quite right. Color picker for Mac is just not giving me an exact color, and I end up with a boot screen that's slightly darker than the screens before/after it. Does anyone know the exact RGB color of that backdrop? Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I thought this was nice Using the Somatic Icons for fun (and to confuse people who try to turn my computer on). I'm glad to see that I'm not the only person in the community interested in making the rEFIt menu nicer

btw just for the record I took a screenshot by pressing F10 at the menu (hold down the function key if you need to). I pressed the button about a million times, actually I pressed all of the function buttons just to be sure. Maybe not a good idea but nothing bad happened.

Then just as previously described in this thread:
    Code:
    sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk0s1 /filepath/for/mounting
    I still need a banner though. My fiancee said that she would whip one up for me that says "Choose Your Weapon" so I'll update when I get that.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    i5-650 Dual-Core 3.2GHz, 4GB DDR3, 1TB, eVGA GTX 460 *Running Ubuntu, Arch, Win7, Snow Leopard
    Aluminum Unibody, 5,1 Macbook *Running Snow Leopard, Ubuntu, Jolicloud

Beans

I have a slight problem:

Everything is working, however, two of my boot icons are the same:

1)MacOSX from internal HD

2)MacOSX from external HD

How can i distinguish the icons for these two boot options...

and yes i realize because they are both macosx this is why they both share the same icon - but is there any way I can distinguish the two?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

So right now I have the nifty monochrome icons in place and all the other crap hidden, and I'm loving it. However I'm trying to add a custom banner so that I can have a text message above the icons. This is possible, correct?

I created a 16-bit bmp at 1280x200 (1/4 of my 1280x800 screen), placed it in the rEFIt folder along with rEFIt.conf. It's named banner hostname.bmp . Is this correct? Or am I supposed to rename it to my hostname? If this is the case, where do I find my hostname? (I believe it is just Kenneth's MacBook Pro).

The banner will not show up. Is it obvious what I'm doing wrong? Step-by-step, how do I get this to work?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Also, I've been trying to fix a problem with rEFIt being slow to come up, taking sometimes 20 seconds to show up after startup. If you would take a look at the thread, I would greatly appreciate it: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1556993
    Windows-free since Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex.

Beans

This is modded version of lael's rEFIt.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by raprap30 View Post
    Okay, just done a monochrome version of the Windows logo. To be specific, a monochrome boot camp icon. Mind if I do a repack with the Windows icon+ the optimized refit.conf? And by the way, I also need your help with aligning the stuff. Thanks.

And here's my final product, boot camp logo is fully monochrome :

Can you post the icons and banner files? Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Zookalicious View Post
    I still need a banner though. My fiancee said that she would whip one up for me that says "Choose Your Weapon" so I'll update when I get that.
    Has that banner been created by any chance?
    15" MacBook Pro 6,2 (i7) - rEFIt Triple Boot OS X, Win 7, Ubuntu 10.04
    How to Dual/Triple boot Apple Flavoured Products
    Fan control handled by SwedishWings macfanctl

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast