Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: ath9k

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: ath9k

Quote Originally Posted by cyberdork33 View Post
    no
    Ok, 1 point for you, my point was only about the wireless connectivity, the rest is pretty beautiful.

But, to me, ath9k is still a pain, unstable, bad performances...

Just an example: with OSX, I can watch HDTV over my ADSL connection. Try this with Ubuntu, impossible, even SDTV is not watchable because (I assume) of the bad wireless.

But, I would be very happy to read a solution does exist. So, I'm looking forward to read some good news Cyberdork33.
    For each complex problem, there is a simple solution, the wrong one.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Romu View Post
    Ok, 1 point for you, my point was only about the wireless connectivity, the rest is pretty beautiful.

But, to me, ath9k is still a pain, unstable, bad performances...

Just an example: with OSX, I can watch HDTV over my ADSL connection. Try this with Ubuntu, impossible, even SDTV is not watchable because (I assume) of the bad wireless.

But, I would be very happy to read a solution does exist. So, I'm looking forward to read some good news Cyberdork33.
    unfortunately, it is just the state of the driver at the moment. atheros, while they are working with developers to get an open driver made, is still proprietary, closed hardware. It's just going to take some time.

Things were getting much better, then all the bug reports opened up again recently. Something must have changed that made things bad again.

If you read a few posts back, this script is old, and should not be used anymore.

Beans

Any new news on this topic? i recently installed ubuntu on my asus g50vm-x1, and am having some strange issues with the wifi card (which happens to be an atheros ar928x).

The network manager seemed to pick up WiFi fine when i am in the live cd, but when i have it installed on my laptop it doesnt want to pick up any wifi!

-Edit-

Sorry, i didn't notice that this thread was for Apple users until after i posted (did a search and this came up)

However, if anyone does know how to get this working for a windows laptop, or can point me in the right direction, i would GREATLY appreciate it!
    Last edited by killians31; September 3rd, 2009 at 02:25 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Hello, I tried since few days to connect to a wireless network without much success on Ubuntu, the way to install wireless network described by Volanin work perfectly by just dowloading the link!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Hi all,

For already two evenings I've tried to get my ASUS C90s laptop with a AR5008 (ath9k) driver working. Problems started when I replaced my wireless router by a linksys wrt610N: My 802.11g connection is very unstable and my 802.11n connection utterly useless.

The router is secured by WPA2.

I'm running Ubuntu Jaunty, kernel 2.8.28-15-generic, 64-bit.

I've even tried to get ndiswrapper working, but I cannot get (64-bit) drivers working. However, I would strongly prefer native linux drivers.

It is true that the ath9k drivers are that unstable? Is there any other way to get my wireless connection working?

Any feedback is welcome!

Roalt

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I have an HP Pavillion Elite 9510f, which has an AR982x in it as well, and I found that the 32bit driver works very good, not quite as good as the windows driver (in windows), but still very usable. Whereas the 64bit is horrible, it connects when it wants to, and only for as long as it wants to, which is usually about fifteen seconds or so, giver or take. So I too am having trouble with it, I thought maybe it'll be in the updates, but I can't get any of the updates because my only connection is wireless.
    Ubuntu - HP Pavilion Elite 9510f
    2.33ghz Core 2 Quad, nVidia geForce 9500 GS, 8gb RAM

Ubuntu - MacBookPro 7,1

Beans

Need your piece of advice.
    Is it possible to find somewhere ath9k dated after April 2009 ?
    Last edited by Dezfor; July 25th, 2010 at 11:09 AM.

Beans

Oh... sorry, but it seems to me I found what I searched for:
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ux/+bug/333730
    Rely #33

Beans

I have Ubuntu 11.04
    And heres the necessary output for lspci
    02:00.0 Network controller: Atheros Communications Inc. AR928X Wireless Network Adapter (PCI-Express) (rev 01)
    Iv read your your instructions but not managed to get anywhere, Im not to sure what to download or which way to do it.
    Would you help me to get my wireless working?
    thank you

Beans

Hi all!

I have the AR928X in my Acer Aspire 5730Z and have this problem on Ubuntu 11.04. Long-time high speed connection break transmissions without disconecting. I try some methods:
    - ath9.conf - not-work
    - router reconfiguration - not-work
    - use wicd instead network-manager and this is it!

Finaly disabled network-manager service and enable wicd permamenty. All works good for me. Meybe you should do it too?

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819