Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: ath9k

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: ath9k

Quote Originally Posted by volanin View Post
    Answering requests, I have created a shell script that will compile the ath9k wireless driver for your kernel. You might be using any official ubuntu kernel (including kubuntu, xubuntu and ubuntu-studio), or a kernel that you compiled from source. This script will generate a custom deb package just for you!

To use it, just extract the script from the tar.gz attached.
    Then run:

Code:
    $ bash compat-wireless-ath9k-20080907.sh
    If you have compiled your own kernel from source, just run it like this:

Code:
    $ bash compat-wireless-ath9k-20080907.sh --custom
    The script will generate a shiny new deb package for you!
    Please, try it and report any bugs to me here!

----

Warning 1: This is still an experimental driver and might have some problems.
    Warning 2: You don't need this if you are using Intrepid Ibex Alpha. It's already included there!

----

compat-wireless-ath9k-20080907.tar.gz (Hosted at Rapidshare)
    So if we ran the old script prior to this do we need to remove the old. If so, how to go about doing so?
    Ubuntu Registered User #23910
    HP Dualer- dv5zCTO AMD Turion x2 Ultra ZM-80 ATI Radeon Mobility HD3450 Atheros Wireless w/ Broadcom Bluetooth 250gb SATA 3gb Ram Intrepid and Vista

Beans

It's not necessary!
    The script just generates a DEB package for you.
    When you install the new one, the old one will automatically be removed.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Quote Originally Posted by flaggh View Post
    Any idea what the error "Wireless Event too big" means?
    That message may not be related. I get that too without any negative side effects. Here's an explanation on the ath9k-devel list:
    http://www.mail-archive.com/ath9k-de.../msg00130.html

You wouldn't happen to be connecting to an 11n AP?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Quote Originally Posted by Sava8420 View Post
    So I ran the shell script and all went well. In Restricted Hardware Drivers it shows up and is enabled but not in use. How would I go about putting it to use? The card is a Atheros AR5009 which uses a AR9280 chipset. Can say this is definitely the closest I have come to getting it to work. Ndiswrapper doesn't work with it so seems this is my only option as of right now.
    Did you try

Code:
    modprobe ath9k
    ?

If that works, then add it to you /etc/modules file

Code:
    sudo echo ath9k >> /etc/modules

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by kevmitch View Post
    That message may not be related. I get that too without any negative side effects. Here's an explanation on the ath9k-devel list:
    http://www.mail-archive.com/ath9k-de.../msg00130.html

You wouldn't happen to be connecting to an 11n AP?
    I am connected to an 802.11n router, however I'm only connected in 802.11g mode. I get the error a lot, but that's also the error that is appearing in my syslog when my computer freezes. Might it be harmless most of the time and then causing problems at other times or should I search somewhere else for the source of my troubles?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

It's not necessary!
    The script just generates a DEB package for you.
    When you install the new one, the old one will automatically be removed.
    Thanks that is what I was thinking but wanted to be sure. Also thanks alot for the script. I've been working on this one for a while now and finally came across this thread. Finally it works .=D>
    Ubuntu Registered User #23910
    HP Dualer- dv5zCTO AMD Turion x2 Ultra ZM-80 ATI Radeon Mobility HD3450 Atheros Wireless w/ Broadcom Bluetooth 250gb SATA 3gb Ram Intrepid and Vista

Beans

Talking Re: ath9k

YAY!

I just took Ibex Alpha 5 for a spin on my MacBook2,1 with Atheros 5418 (or something similar) chipset. Did not install - just tried the live-session. The wireless seems to be working out of the box. Wonderful! Then Ubuntu will support all of the macbook-hardware (except from those with a broadcom-chipset).

Just one problem with the alpha. My touchpad seems to have lost sensitivity. Probably easy to fix. Did not try.

Does anyone now whether the decision to include kernel 2.6.27 is final or are we still evaluating?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by mikkelbue View Post
    I just took Ibex Alpha 5 for a spin on my MacBook2,1 with Atheros 5418 (or something similar) chipset. Did not install - just tried the live-session. The wireless seems to be working out of the box. Wonderful! Then Ubuntu will support all of the macbook-hardware (except from those with a broadcom-chipset).
    Good to know. There are other hardware issues still (maybe not for you though )

Just one problem with the alpha. My touchpad seems to have lost sensitivity. Probably easy to fix. Did not try.
    Sensitivity is a preference. It probably reverted to the default. You have to customize the xorg.conf to the way you like it. (I would try your current xorg.conf as a start)

Does anyone now whether the decision to include kernel 2.6.27 is final or are we still evaluating?
    Yes, It is in there now. It should be included on the Alpha 5 release.

Beans

Answering requests, I have created a shell script that will compile the ath9k wireless driver for your kernel. You might be using any official ubuntu kernel (including kubuntu, xubuntu and ubuntu-studio), or a kernel that you compiled from source. This script will generate a custom deb package just for you!

To use it, just extract the script from the tar.gz attached.
    Then run:

Code:
    $ bash compat-wireless-ath9k-20080907.sh
    If you have compiled your own kernel from source, just run it like this:

Code:
    $ bash compat-wireless-ath9k-20080907.sh --custom
    The script will generate a shiny new deb package for you!
    Please, try it and report any bugs to me here!

----

Warning 1: This is still an experimental driver and might have some problems.
    Warning 2: You don't need this if you are using Intrepid Ibex Alpha. It's already included there!

----

compat-wireless-ath9k-20080907.tar.gz (Hosted at Rapidshare)
    Thank you so much! This helped better than expected.
    Thumbs up!

EDIT: But now it wont work again, probably because the driver is to weak. I am upstairs and the router is downstairs, i cant move it to make the connection stronger.
    Its a shame linux wont work out of the box, Mark should focus on that instead of looks. Who wants to hack everything everytime they do anything?
    Last edited by jan-banan; September 15th, 2008 at 07:47 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by jan-banan View Post
    Thank you so much! This helped better than expected.
    Thumbs up!

EDIT: But now it wont work again, probably because the driver is to weak. I am upstairs and the router is downstairs, i cant move it to make the connection stronger.
    Its a shame linux wont work out of the box, Mark should focus on that instead of looks. Who wants to hack everything everytime they do anything?
    This is the best we have to get to that point. Before we had nothing! This is the first glimpse of a true FREE driver for these WiFi cards which can actually be included with Ubuntu.

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast