Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cedega 5.0 is out! (sorta)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: Cedega 5.0 is out! (sorta)

Quote Originally Posted by Abild
    Guild Wars is amongst the official supported games so i think it'll run fine
    TransGaming game database
    It didn't run in 4.4.3 even though it's listed, not even with the hotfix, so I'm not so sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingBahamut
    Guildwars runs beautifully under Cedega, and likely the primary reason I stopped ever having a Windows machine for anything on my arch at all.
    Most likely, you're not using an ATI card.

Beans
    Hidden!

P2P isn't integrated into Cedega, they've just changed the name of P2P to Cedega, then you download Cedega afterwards through P2P.

The thought of having to use P2P revolts me, so I'll probably just go back to 4.4.3 if they don't respond to the huge amount of complaints they've had about the command-line issue soon. Their support is terrible though, so I wouldn't be surprised if they just don't bother.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Sheinar
    P2P isn't integrated into Cedega, they've just changed the name of P2P to Cedega, then you download Cedega afterwards through P2P.

The thought of having to use P2P revolts me, so I'll probably just go back to 4.4.3 if they don't respond to the huge amount of complaints they've had about the command-line issue soon. Their support is terrible though, so I wouldn't be surprised if they just don't bother.

As far as I know it's possible to use Cedega 5.0 without running P2P, but you'd have to look in the manual to know how, because I don't.

Personally P2P is great just because it's one less thing I need to right a script for. Plus I play City of Villains and it's nice to be able to easily stop the wineserver with the big Stop button when my game locks.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by dahli.llama
    As far as I know it's possible to use Cedega 5.0 without running P2P, but you'd have to look in the manual to know how, because I don't.
    Yeah, though it took a while before most people found out how, plus there are still certain things like running a game in opengl mode which seems to be having some troubles.

Anyway, I'll eat my words about them not responding to the complaints, because they have and are working on having it possible to use the old commands again. That's one less bad thing about the new release in my opinion.

Now if only they'd make P2P and Cedega seperate again, so I neither have to install something I don't use and don't need an active account to reinstall Cedega if I ever have to again.

Beans

Cool Re: Cedega 5.0 is out! (sorta)

Quote Originally Posted by Sheinar
    Yeah, though it took a while before most people found out how, plus there are still certain things like running a game in opengl mode which seems to be having some troubles.

Anyway, I'll eat my words about them not responding to the complaints, because they have and are working on having it possible to use the old commands again. That's one less bad thing about the new release in my opinion.

Now if only they'd make P2P and Cedega seperate again, so I neither have to install something I don't use and don't need an active account to reinstall Cedega if I ever have to again.
    Amen to that. I can't stand P2P. I want cedega seperate, period. But hey, that's me. I also want wargame support...HPS Simulations, Steel Panthers et al, etc. etc. etc. Without support for that sort, I'll probably stop my subscription soon.

Regards

Beans

The interface completely sucks, but I'm going to keep Cedega 5 around because it runs UT (classic) a lot better than the previous version. Guess I'll just have to get used to running it through the p2p interface...
    (running 'cedega' from the command line invokes the p2p GUI)
    "Windows is something to overcome"

Howto's by me:
    Tweak firefox! (URL now works..)
    Backup/Restore your system!
    Avoid having to reboot

Compentux.org
    , the Linux Tip & Howto gathering initiative!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123