Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Nautilus Script to mount .iso files

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Re: HOWTO: Nautilus Script to mount .iso files

Quote Originally Posted by Josh_b View Post
    I'm new to Linux and this is probably a stupid question, but how do I make the file an executable?
    Correction. It is a stupid question. Figured it out anyway.

Beans

How do you install those scripts? Where do I put them?

//nevermind.
    Last edited by bluntu; August 25th, 2006 at 02:02 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by robert_pectol View Post
    Great scripts! Thanks.

I recently wrote a similar script for Nautilus which handles both mounting and unmounting of images in the same script. It also allows you to unmount the image by right-clicking on the desktop icon or the image itself. It's supposed to support .nrg files but that functionality is currently untested... Anyone care to test it and report back? If so, let me know and I'll post it to a new thread.

And yes. You can change the desktop icon for the mounted image. Simply mount it as normal and once the default icon for it appears, simply right-click it and select, "Properties" from the menu. In there you can select a custom icon for it. However, you'll have to do it on a per-image basis since the change won't be applied across the board. I did notice that selecting a custom icon for a particular image is persistant though.

Robert Pectol
    My Website: http://rob.pectol.com/
    Nautilus Scripts, etc: http://rob.pectol.com/myscripts

I tried just about every other script on this forum to do this, and Rob, yours is the only one that actually worked first time. Many thanks.
    No longer participating......

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Catre-Vandis View Post
    I tried just about every other script on this forum to do this, and Rob, yours is the only one that actually worked first time. Many thanks.
    You're very welcome!
    Rob

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

so is there any way to read other image files (.ccd, .img, .mdf/.mds, etc), or do I have to convert them to .ISO's?
    | AMD Athlon 4200+ 64-Bit X2 | DFi LanParty UT nF4 SLi-DR Expert | 2 x LeadTek 7900GT's | Corsair 1GB DDR400 RAM | ASUS AGEIA PhysX Card | 3 x 300GB SATA 2 + 120GB IDE | CoolerMaster Stacker 810 |

Beans

Question Re: HOWTO: Nautilus Script to mount .iso files

Hi! Anyone can tell me how to do this? How do i make the scripts executable? What i did is created two files and copied the scripts to them. Then restart the nautilus. When i right click on the iso file, nothing in the menu that says script>mount. Please help.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Edgy Eft Testing

Quote Originally Posted by Josh_b View Post
    so is there any way to read other image files (.ccd, .img, .mdf/.mds, etc), or do I have to convert them to .ISO's?
    Look at my signature to see how to mount those.

Quote Originally Posted by rufinojr54 View Post
    Hi! Anyone can tell me how to do this? How do i make the scripts executable? What i did is created two files and copied the scripts to them. Then restart the nautilus. When i right click on the iso file, nothing in the menu that says script>mount. Please help.
    In Nautilus, right click on it and select properties, permissions and there "allow executing"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

This is exactly what I needed! Thanks so much, works wonderfully.

Beans

Thanks for the script! (Though it would be even more perfect if one could just unmount from the desktop)
    Last edited by gkokaisel; March 4th, 2007 at 08:06 AM.

I ran across this thread which explains how to install CDemu and create nautilus scripts for using it to mount and unmount images.

This seems to be a better choice than simply using a loopback devices because it supports more image types, and also allows you to mount images with multiple tracks.

-SG
    Seth Grover
    e: sethdgrover [at] gmail [dot] com

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast