Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Install Hardy (8.04.1) on HP tx2500

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Install Hardy (8.04.1) on HP tx2500

Yeah, I did. Put acpi off, blacklisted thermal, enabled sound, update to the 2.6.24.21 kernel, set the ATI driver, all this under a 8.04.1 64bits version of Ubuntu.
    Only thing is that I kept Vista for the time being (but by mistake, I've put Grub on the MBR, so it isn't able to load for the moment, I'll fix this later, my goal is to have Ubuntu fully working so that I can get rid of Vista).

I read the tutorials carefully, and I translated them in french too (for the french wiki), so I don't think I forgot something... I don'tn get where the problem is...

PS: I just saw that small changes have been made to this tutorial, I'm going to check everything

EDIT: that's it, found the translation error, corrected thing, tried again, and it's working
    Last edited by Ununtu; August 31st, 2008 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Post Scriptum

Beans

I am about to purchase the tablet found at this link
    http://h20386.www2.hp.com/CanadaStor...pdetail=P65857

this is what the cpu specs are

Processor
    AMD Turion™ X2 RM-70 Dual-Core Mobile Processor
    • 2.00 GHz, 1MB L2 Cache, Up to 4000 MT/s system bus running at AC/DC mode 35 watt
    Processor type
    AMD Turion™ X2 RM-70 Dual-Core Mobile Processor
    • 2.00 GHz, 1MB L2 Cache, Up to 4000 MT/s system bus running at AC/DC mode 35 watt

my question... is this a 64 bit or 32 bit CPU
    I even found this processor on the amd site and im still not sure
    What do X2 and RM-70 mean?

Thanks I know its a little of topic but i figured you guys would know
    off the top of your head!

also I dont want to pay for vista is there a retailer that i can opt out with?, im in canada.
    Last edited by rylangrayston; September 4th, 2008 at 06:27 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

They're 64-bit processors

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

http://www.system76.com/

They preinstall ubuntu.

But this really isn't the place to post about this. Let's try to stay on topic.

Kory

Beans

Hi,

I know it's kind offtopic, but I'm really considering buying this laptop (the tx2524 version is on sale at 899$ at futureshop) and considering trying to get vista refund. So, I'm wondering if those problems will be fixed... I'm kind of a old-timer linux user but I don't think I can help fix the more technical stuff (like ACPI). Sorry again for offtopic,

Laurent

Beans

hi again...
    little update on my system:
    xrandr - still not working (perhaps will wait for the radeonhd driver...)
    special keys - the two lower keys on the monitor are still dead... wasn't able to map them...

fingerprint recognition using fprint works....
    followed instructions from here, and also had to update sudo as mentioned in this bug

has anyone been able to get lirc working??
    Last edited by marranzano; September 11th, 2008 at 08:10 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Angry Re: HOWTO: Install Hardy (8.04.1) on HP tx2500

Yes, buy the exact laptop(HP tx2524ca) from Futureshop for $899, I bought it a month ago(and paid $1099) and I LOVE IT.... this forum works fine. (Or did)...

The only problems I have with it are that vista is on it... which made it impossible to get everything working nicely at first, but thats not for this forum. Other than that, its wonderful. Vista is a little buggy though (surprised?)...

Here's my current problem, I'm still kind of new to Ubuntu (and linux in general at that...) but The first time I loaded ubuntu on it, it worked exactly as this forum described (minus the digitizer)... but now, I ran into some problems and have to re-install ubuntu and my kernel is only updating to x.19 and not the x.20 that the instructions are saying, and subsequently my wireless isin't working, the funny thing is it did yesterday before all of my troubles... now I'm just frustrated.... Its a joint problem as well, because it doesnt detect the Bluetooth either, the light that indicates them working or not never turns blue(on) it stays amber(off).....

Anyone have any thoughts?

Beans
    Distro

ok, so to update my situation, I upgraded with the proposed repositories and now have kernel x.21 , and still doesn't work. I believe I had .20 before, is there any way I can revert to THAT kernel now?

Beans

Hello, I have a HP tx2510us, I was able to boot linux with the acpi=off and nolapic boot options, just having acpi=off alone doesn't work. I was able to get everything else to work except for the initial network.
    I cannot get it to have any network connections. I've tried the install and live dvd, neither one will work with a wired connection. The network icon shows that there is a connection even when the cable is disconnected. When connected the lights glow on the port but the os doesn't respond to it. I do not know ubuntu enough to troubleshoot the problem, ubuntu 7.04 seems to recognize the ethernet fine. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Beans
    Distro

OK, to start, I solved my problem, I added the noapci option to the live CD on initial boot(pre-install) and it solved ALL of my problems. It worked fine...

Quote Originally Posted by rammsdell View Post
    Hello, I have a HP tx2510us, I was able to boot linux with the acpi=off and nolapic boot options, just having acpi=off alone doesn't work. I was able to get everything else to work except for the initial network.
    I cannot get it to have any network connections. I've tried the install and live dvd, neither one will work with a wired connection. The network icon shows that there is a connection even when the cable is disconnected. When connected the lights glow on the port but the os doesn't respond to it. I do not know ubuntu enough to troubleshoot the problem, ubuntu 7.04 seems to recognize the ethernet fine. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Try turning off apci with the noapci option when you press F6 twice when highlighting the boot option, it seemed to make everything work for me(except the digitizer, which I havent tried yet)... it then sees that its a laptop and not a desktop computer, this I believe is what solved my problem...BUT then again I'm running the 2524ca model too.. so..

NOTE: This also solved my issues with my Bluetooth drivers as well.

Best of luck

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast