Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Install Hardy (8.04.1) on HP tx2500

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Install Hardy (8.04.1) on HP tx2500

Hello,
    Thanks for the information about the live cd and getting the sound work.

It's been a week now that i am trying to get my wireless working...

I tried several HOWTOs but none of them worked.

Currently I have installed a fresh copy of Ubuntu with 2.6.24-21-generic and according to other users this should make the wireless work but still nothing...

Does any1 knows how to troubleshoot the wireless problem? Is the most important for me.... I don't care that much about the rest now...

Thank you,
    George

P.S My laptop next to the "power" light it has tx2000 printed but on the service tag and in the system properties of vista is tx2500. I am in the correct thread right ?

Beans

@george_a

If you have the type N wireless card you'll have to use the proprietary drivers
    available from Broadcom...this took me quite awhile to figure out myself

Now let's just hope that the rotation and xvideo issues are fixed in the new fglrx drivers...

Beans

Actually, I just noticed that Broadcom drivers are now available from the repos. Just check your Restricted Hardware Drivers and they should be there under Broadcom STA Wireless Driver.

Hopefully this will work better than the old drivers and I won't get kicked from my campuses VPN as often

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

@Alathald
    Are you on Intrepid?
    The new network manager works awesome with vpn and everything.
    I am on the tx2000... When I installed it the wireless work right away (There must be some free driver that also works, after that I installed the driver you mentioned and it is different.. I don't know exactly what the deal is..)
    If you are having problems you might try switching (if you have not already made the leap).
    Kory

Beans

Thanks for the reply,
    I tried that but still nothing...

In the System > Administration > Hardware Drivers it says Broadcom STA wireless driver enabled and in use but it can't find any network. I tried to use "Connect to other Network.." (left click on the two pcs icon) but after i submit the details remains at the "Attempting to join the wireless network...."

here is the lshw -C Network if it helps..
    Code:
      *-network               
           description: Wireless interface
           product: BCM4312 802.11b/g
           vendor: Broadcom Corporation
           physical id: 0
           bus info: pci@0000:08:00.0
           logical name: eth1
           version: 01
           serial: 00:21:00:4a:a5:6c
           width: 64 bits
           clock: 33MHz
           capabilities: bus_master cap_list ethernet physical wireless
           configuration: broadcast=yes driver=wl latency=0 module=wl multicast=yes wireless=IEEE 802.11
    Last edited by george_a; October 17th, 2008 at 09:34 PM.

Beans

I'm still on Hardy, I had been using the old Broadcom drivers and I don't think they liked VPNs but the new STA drivers in the repos are a godsend, it's working great.

I haven't tried Intrepid yet, though the only issue I'm really having is flickering video

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

@george

first I would make sure you are entirely up to date. (If a newer kernel is added you will need to restart)
    Then go back to hardware drivers and disable the Broadcom driver. Then reenable it.
    If it still doesn't work, you could try disabling it, restarting, enabling it, then restarting one more time.
    Kory

Hi!!

I have the N type wireless, I tried the way you have mentioned, but when I try to compile it, I get stuck, as the it says that its not able to make ubuntu_headers. Please please help me on this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alathald View Post
    @george_a

If you have the type N wireless card you'll have to use the proprietary drivers
    available from Broadcom...this took me quite awhile to figure out myself

Now let's just hope that the rotation and xvideo issues are fixed in the new fglrx drivers...

Beans

Hey, its me again.
    Been busy with work and moving so haven't had time to update on installation.

Just wanna know, is there anyone with a TX2510US who has everything working from touch, rotate, wireless, sound, etc ?

If so, could you PM me so we could discuss this between us instead coz i really wanna trash vista for good. its been hell for me with vista and i hope its inventors burn in a stake for even thinking it up.

The forums are helpful but there are too many model with different chipsets and parts for the tx 2xxx series.

Thanks.

Beans

Hi. I tried to play Guild Wars but he are freez :/ Then im tried to play Tibia and it freez too.

Im install EnvyNG drivers. What i can do?

I apologize for my english.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast