Thread: [SOLVED] Firefox

Beans

[SOLVED] Firefox

When opening firefox, and attempting to open a site, this popped up. I have a screenshot attached.

I uninstalled firefox and then reinstalled. When trying to open up a site, I get the same pop up.

Really don't know what to do and don't understand the pop up.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Larry
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Firefox

Looks like a bug (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s....0/+bug/251875). Try installing opera if you cannot solve the problem....

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

you can also try installing Firefox2 from synaptic package manager I know FF3 is a little buggy still
    *BUNTU addict
    Ubuntunerd's Blog
    Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to learn new things and move forward with your life.
    Unanswered posts Team
    How to mark your Threads as Solved
    download "Opera" a fast and secure browser

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by elkade View Post
    When opening firefox, and attempting to open a site, this popped up. I have a screenshot attached.

I uninstalled firefox and then reinstalled. When trying to open up a site, I get the same pop up.

Really don't know what to do and don't understand the pop up.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Larry
    Can you give a link as to which website gives this error.
    Be Safe. Use Linux.
    Double your drive space. Delete Windows.

Beans

you have downloads pending...see blue recycle arrows at top
    "it crashed?"

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Can you close Firefox, and paste this command into the terminal?
    Code:
    firefox -safe-mode
    If that doesn't solve the problem, then something is truly wrong with your Firefox installation.
    Last edited by aysiu; July 28th, 2008 at 04:27 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

I would start by disabling all add-ons. If that solves it, enable them one at a time until you find the one that causes it.

If that doesn't work, something in your configuration may be corrupted. Reinstalling won't necessarily solve this. You may have to uninstall FF, then delete ~/.mozilla/firefox/xyz.default (where xyz can be anything). Then reinstall FF.

Unfortunately that will lose all your add-ons, configuration and bookmarks (unless you have Foxmarks installed, in which case you can reimport them).
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticise them, you're a mile away and have their shoes.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by silkstone View Post
    I would start by disabling all add-ons. If that solves it, enable them one at a time until you find the one that causes it.

If that doesn't work, something in your configuration may be corrupted. Reinstalling won't necessarily solve this. You may have to uninstall FF, then delete ~/.mozilla/firefox/xyz.default (where xyz can be anything). Then reinstall FF.

Unfortunately that will lose all your add-ons, configuration and bookmarks (unless you have Foxmarks installed, in which case you can reimport them).
    The shortcut way to all of what you just said is firefox -safe-mode, which temporarily disables all add-ons and allows you a way to permanently disable them if that's what fixes the problem.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Thanks for that aysiu - I didn't know that's what safe-mode did.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticise them, you're a mile away and have their shoes.