Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: [SOLVED] GnuCash 2.2.5 OFXDirectConnect Parsing Error OFX

Beans

Re: [SOLVED] GnuCash 2.2.5 OFXDirectConnect Parsing Error OFX

Just a quick note that while upgrading to Ubuntu 9.10 I noticed that aqbanking had some packages upgraded. I gave gnucash another try and got OFX to work with USAA. I had previously installed aqbanking-tools and I am not sure if this is installed by default with gnucash. The program versions are listed below and these are from the repositories without compiling.

gnucash 2.2.9
    aqbanking-tools 4.1.2-1

Beans

Thanks for the observation, mano. A while back I had compiled the dev tree and switched my backend to MySQL. Since there's no going back, I'm installing aqbanking from the repos and I'm going to try compiling the latest gnucash svn against it. Since aqbanking does the work anyway, I would think that would be the key. I'll report back as to the results.

In the mean time, mano, could you post up what settings and values you are using for USAA (except your account number and PIN, obviously). Thanks!

Beans

For user configuration (USAA)

User Name: first name (don't think it matters)
    user id: member number
    customer id: member number

bank id: 314074269 (the search feature also retrieves this)

FID: 24591
    ORG: USAA
    Broker id: blank
    server url: https://service2.usaa.com/ofx/OFXServlet

Select: supports account list download, supports statement download and force sslv3

Click get accounts and it will prompt for you pin and retrieve all accounts

All of the accounts will automatically download, but account configuration uses the 314074269 for the bank code and name. Everything else is straight forward with IBAN and BIC being blank.

Another thing I noticed is there is a verbose debug message for online banking in the preferences that is nice while getting this working. I don't think this was there earlier or I missed it.

Beans

Fantasic. Thanks! The current repo version of aqbanking seems to have made the difference. All my USAA accounts were detected the first time I tried. This is even better than a year ago when I could use it for deposit accounts but it would not grab transactions form my credit card account.

Yippee!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 9.10 Karmic Koala

Here is my current setup.
    Ubuntu 9.10 x64

User ID: Member number with 2 zero's at the beginning
    Customer ID: Same as above
    Bank ID: 314074269
    FID: 24591
    ORD: USAA
    Server URL: https://service2.usaa.com/ofx/OFXServlet
    Account list and Statement checked.
    Force SSLv3 checked.

I select Get Accounts and enter my online pin.
    It seems to work however I get nothing under accounts....

Please help.... I was getting network error until I changed my User ID to my member number.
    Last edited by Gibby13; January 27th, 2010 at 07:25 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Finally, I got it to do my checking account... How do I get it to do all my accounts?

Beans

Selecting get accounts should download all accounts that are setup for online access. It is possible you might have to have USAA enable online access to all of your accounts. For the member number, I don't know if you need the two zeros or is that what you enter when you call them?

Beans
    Distro

I tried that but it only downloaded my checking account. I have a few loans, a Credit Card, money mark, IRA, Savings and a few other accounts that will not download. However GNUCash does not have the simple stuff, like be able to put in interest rates for credit cards and loans. So I am off again looking for something else. I prefer web base, so my wife can put her receipts in from her computer.

Beans

This was driving me nuts! I finally got it! In short, I made my user id 8 digits (zero filled in the front). I also checked the Force SSLv3 check box.

So, several folks kept saying to add two 0's in front of your account number (user id). I did that and it did not work. But one person mentioned 8 characters. My USAA number is 7 digits long, so I added just a single 0 in front of my number and now everything works! I got a list of accounts automatically. I can now get account balance and transactions.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234