Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1454626364

Thread: Lenovo Ideapad Y510 is Go (Continued / NEW)

Beans

Re: Lenovo Ideapad Y510 is Go (Continued / NEW)

Hey Citric Acid, how did you get your sound to work? Same for other Y530ers.

[EDIT]
    Alright, it's fixed, somehow. I just reinstalled Natty and now it works. And as far as I can tell (my ears aren't very sensitive), all the speakers work. :O
    Last edited by BlueCanary9999; June 5th, 2011 at 12:10 AM.

Beans

Hello! Who use Ubuntu 13.04 он Lenovo Y510?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I'm using 13.04 on my Y510. For the most part it's working, except I'm having a problem with the launcher autohiding -- it leaves a blank space on the left side of the screen, and that blank space also blanks out any open windows (see this pic https://launchpadlibrarian.net/13866...er.problem.png).

I think I'd also recommend a clean install. I had been doing in-place upgrades, and my system was becoming unusable (the touchpad had completely conked out in 12.04). I upgraded via the software manager, still had issues, and then did an upgrade off the live disk where I re-installed the system but kept my home (it's an option), and that cleared up a lot of problems (including the touchpad).

For what it's worth, there's a bug report on the autohide issue, and it looks like it might be a Lenovo thing. https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...y/+bug/1078075
    Lenovo Y510 | Ubuntu 14.04 | 1.6 GHz Pentium Dual T2330 | 4 gig RAM | Intel X3100 gfx | 250GB 5400 RPM hard drive.

Gunga galunga...gunga- gunga lagunga.

Beans

Sound works fine? I can't set it up...
    "options snd-hda-intel model=lenovo-sky" is set
    if I use 4.1 work only the front speakers and a subwoofer
    Last edited by BlackGrizzly; April 30th, 2013 at 01:01 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Y'know, I didn't even think of the sound, which is strange because I wrote the guide on how to get sound working on these machines.

Sound wasn't a problem when I was having the other problems, but since I reinstalled the system files, any previous flags in alsa-base.conf have been removed, yet my sound seems to be working fine. All options are there -- 4.0, 4.1, 5.0, 4.1, analog stereo. They all work, but the front left/front right on 4.1 and 5.1 are pretty quiet. It's not something I've really noticed or been concerned about before (usually on headphones).

Reinstalling the system makes me a bit nervous because a few iterations ago, I tried that and was locked out of my encrypted home partition; despite using the same username and password, I lost it, and that was a problem. But this time around it wasn't an issue, and the system is running much cleaner and more functionally than before. So if you're willing to risk it, maybe try the system reinstall off a live disk. If not, back up what you need in /home, then just try a clean install. (If you boot off the live disk, test it out first and see if the sound works fine there; if it does, it should work fine when cleanly installed.)
    Last edited by wyth; May 1st, 2013 at 06:13 AM.
    Lenovo Y510 | Ubuntu 14.04 | 1.6 GHz Pentium Dual T2330 | 4 gig RAM | Intel X3100 gfx | 250GB 5400 RPM hard drive.

Gunga galunga...gunga- gunga lagunga.

Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1454626364