Page 14 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Lenovo Ideapad Y510 is Go (Continued / NEW)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Lenovo Ideapad Y510 is Go (Continued / NEW)

Quote Originally Posted by azteca_04 View Post
    Hey Wyth, thanks for the help, but i check and it wasn't install so i went and got the flash 10 and install it like it said on the link you put but no luck, maybe im doing something wrong? if you can help me please, thanks
    You'll have to give a bit more information:

• What procedure did you actually go through? Did you just install the Flash 10 deb?
    • Under System > Preferences > Sound, what devices are set as the default?
    • What are the specs on your machine? Is this a Y510 or Y710? What sound card and video card do you have? That all makes a difference on what advice people can offer.
    Lenovo Y510 | Ubuntu 14.04 | 1.6 GHz Pentium Dual T2330 | 4 gig RAM | Intel X3100 gfx | 250GB 5400 RPM hard drive.

Gunga galunga...gunga- gunga lagunga.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Hum... azteca_04, Ya I just tried out all the flash aplicatons i.e. Gnash-gk, swfdec-mozila, Adoby 9, and now I am using Adoby 10 on my x86_64. I use to use Gnash before I reinstalled Arch. Now gnash will notwork. Anyway, Ya it seems Adoby9 did have sound problems that were fixed by a lib*. In any case it dose sound like it could be a flash problem... Hum you know I did have a similer problem when I installed xmms. It installed some progrme to manage the sound. When I turned it on it would cause the same problem you are talking about So, I just turned it off. However, xmms still gives me problems when I try to pay to sound form two sorces at once. Something to the effect of 'the sound resorce is alredy in use'.

Just kind of rambling but I hope it gave you some ideas. Have you started a thread in the genoral help or audio/video section yet? I bet you will get a lot more help if you do that.
    Last edited by HunterThomson; September 21st, 2008 at 10:03 PM.
    Thinkpad W510, i7-720QM, Nvidia Quadro FX 880m (nouveau), Intel X25-M G2 80GB (OCZ are better), 1080p Wacom Multi-Touch Screen, Intel Centrino Advanced-N + WiMAX 6250, Yubikey OTP

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by wyth View Post
    You'll have to give a bit more information:

[LIST][*]What procedure did you actually go through? Did you just install the Flash 10 deb?
    after checking if i had the libflashsupport on synoptic, and i did it have, i downloaded the .deb flash 10 and install it like it said on the web and reboot and nothing
    [*]Under System > Preferences > Sound, what devices are set as the default?
    My sound defaults are on the atachmente below
    [*]What are the specs on your machine? Is this a Y510 or Y710? What sound card and video card do you have? That all makes a difference on what advice people can offer.
    i have the Y510 Procesador: Intel Pentium Dual Core CPU T2370 @ 1.73 GHz
    Memory: 2.0 Gb
    Kernel: 2.6.24.19-generic GNOME 2.22.3 Ubuntu 8.04

Video: Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)

Audio: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 03)

thanks for the post and replying thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Hey HunterThomson thanks for the reply yeah it looks like mozilla its having troble with the flash it also happen in xp but i really dond care for it on xp, but what its weird is that in ubuntu it would play with no problems as long as i dont use any sound or video from my laptop like movies music or stuff like that it would work but then i will not be able to play any of that stuff onless i reboot, dont no what is the problem, thanks for helpin and for any help you can give me,

and thanks to wyth that is helping an anybodoy that can helping

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

I'm having some problems with my (Ideapad Y510) laptop booting up rather slowly. The little bar will go from side to side:

Code:
    [---|||-----]
    [-----|||---]
    [-------|||-] <-- hangs here
    Then when it fills up:

Code:
    [|----------]
    [||---------]
    [|||--------] <-- hangs here, too
    And hangs there for quite a while. *Most* boots are like this.

Every so often, during bootup the system asks me to do a routine disk check. When this happens, and if I skip the check, my laptop boots up a whole lot faster. How can I fix this?

Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by Gruu View Post
    I'm having some problems with my (Ideapad Y510) laptop booting up rather slowly. The little bar will go from side to side:

Code:
    [---|||-----]
    [-----|||---]
    [-------|||-] <-- hangs here
    Then when it fills up:

Code:
    [|----------]
    [||---------]
    [|||--------] <-- hangs here, too
    And hangs there for quite a while. *Most* boots are like this.

Every so often, during bootup the system asks me to do a routine disk check. When this happens, and if I skip the check, my laptop boots up a whole lot faster. How can I fix this?

Thanks!
    Well, It vary well could be that this is normal behaviour.

This is one thing that I realy like about Archlinux. When it boots up it prints evrything on the screen that it is doing. So, when something is takeing long or thoughing an error you can see what is going on.

The slow boot could be a few things. One, that could be the point when it is setting up a network connection. It mite be a error of some sort so when it is trying to do something agin and agin but it dosn't work. It could just be a sleep comand at some point to let things settle down.

You can check /var/log/dmesg.log for errors at bootup. Or other logs.

You do what to do the routine disk check. It checks the partition for errors.

====================================
    DSDT

It seem that after you get a Kernal update the new Kernel compiles in the DSDT thing so you don't have to do it or use the old Kernal you compiled.
    Last edited by HunterThomson; September 22nd, 2008 at 03:32 AM.
    Thinkpad W510, i7-720QM, Nvidia Quadro FX 880m (nouveau), Intel X25-M G2 80GB (OCZ are better), 1080p Wacom Multi-Touch Screen, Intel Centrino Advanced-N + WiMAX 6250, Yubikey OTP

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by jacobleonardking View Post
    As per request:
    Attachment 84635
    I'm really curious about this. Is it just a glossy sheet affixed over a normal screen? Does it leave any adhesive remnants or anything? Does it bend/warp the frame around the screen? How does it look without the gloss, and is the gloss replaceable once you remove it?
    Lenovo Y510 | Ubuntu 14.04 | 1.6 GHz Pentium Dual T2330 | 4 gig RAM | Intel X3100 gfx | 250GB 5400 RPM hard drive.

Beans

After adding
    Code:
    options snd-hda-intel model=lenovo-ms7195-dig
    to /etc/modprobe.d/alsa then
    Code:
    emerge alsa
    was able to get my speakers working in gentoo :]

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

If anyone is having a kill switch issue with wireless on boot, I've filed bug #275026 on launchpad; please go there and add to it.

Things you'll need to include:

• Run
      Code:
      uname -r
      in the terminal to get your kernel number. This problem is related to 2.6.24-20 and 2.6.24-21, both generic and i386 (as far as I know).

• In the terminal, run
      Code:
      dmesg > dmesg.log
      after a fresh boot. The dmesg.log will be in your home directory; attach it to the bug report.

• In the terminal, run
      Code:
      sudo lspci -vvnn > lspci-vvnn.log
      Like above, the lspci-vvnn.log will be in your home directory; attach it to the bug report.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

A suggestion has come up in the Ideapad forum on the Lenovo site to fix the CD/DVD issue with Y710's and Linux. The suggestion is to use LILO instead of GRUB.

http://forums.lenovo.com/lnv/board/m...cending&page=3
    http://forums.lenovo.com/lnv/board/m...thread.id=3581

It failed to work for someone... they say that LILO must be located on the MBR. So, my question is this - Since i have two HDD's, with the Vista bootloader in the MBR of HDD-a (booting to GRUB in the root partition, which happens to be the primary partition of HDD-b), can i install LILO to the MBR of HDD-b and go into the BIOS and change the boot order of the hard drives? I'm hoping i can use this to test LILO and if it fails, i can just switch the boot order back to normal and not mess anything up.

If this seems reasonable, I will give it a shot. If i have to reinstall Ubuntu, it wouldn't be the end of the world (with Intrepid coming up, a fresh install might be a good thing), but i really don't want to mess with my Vista / XP partitions.

Anyone want to toss in their two cents on this idea?

Page 14 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast