Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Tablet PC Issues

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Tablet PC Issues

Okay has anyone gotten the usb tablet to work in Intrepid (a fresh install)?
    I am running into major problems. The devices are showing in /dev/input and dmesg and in wacomcpl, but they don't send any input to X.
    I think it may have something to do with the link harak gave us. I am looking into it now...
    Kory

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Disregard that last post........ It seems it fixed itself.
    I rebooted and it never helped, but after rebooting like 3 times, it fixed itself. I guess that works... If anyone has any problems post here and I can try and help you. I may know what fixed my problem... I am not sure
    Kory

Edit: By the way, I have opened a bug at launchpad about the linux wacom packages on ubuntu not working by default for usb tablet pcs (what we have on the tx2000 and tx2500).
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ls/+bug/292248
    Post on it and maybe we can get default support on ubuntu (i.e. no compiling..)
    Kory
    Last edited by gali98; November 1st, 2008 at 06:44 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by gali98 View Post
    @ harak
    @th89
    okay a couple of questions first
    Are you sure you have a tx2000 and not a tx2500? You have to check on the bottom on the HP product sticker.
    Next, are you on Intrepid or Hardy
    also Did you follow the whole tutorial (download, compile, install, cp the module)
    Kory
    Kory its a tx2500 CTO. I am on intrepid. I followed the entire tutorial. I used your tutorial when I was on hardy. Reinstalled when I upgraded to intrepid did the cp wacom ko to from 2.6.27 folder.. Did not use the repo for it. Yeah as you have written later, a restart got it working.

I have removed fglrx and my tablet functionality is working as before. May be I should try fglrx again.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

That is interesting... a video driver should not mess with the wacom stuff, but who knows... the new xorg may be part of the problem also. I guess just experiment with it for now and see what you can get working... That's all you can do I guess.
    Kory

Beans

This time it works with fglrx as well. I did not know till now I can enable randr with the new driver.

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...89_linux&num=1

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

@th89
    okay a couple of questions first
    Are you sure you have a tx2000 and not a tx2500? You have to check on the bottom on the HP product sticker.
    HP Pavilion tx2000. I just bought it about 3 months ago.

Next, are you on Intrepid or Hardy
    Intrepid

also Did you follow the whole tutorial (download, compile, install, cp the module)
    Kory
    I did it all, download, compiled, make, install, cp module, and it seemed I had no problems doing it, no weird errors, or anything. So I tried it again, same thing, no problems, errors, but same issue with the tablet. Everytime the cursor touches the screen, it stops tracking it for about 15 secs, then it will resume. I can right click, and both ends of the stylus works, just cannot single click.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Okay...
    give me the output of:
    lspci -vvv
    xsetwacom -V (that's capital)
    And upload your xorg.conf

Kory

Beans

I am on Intrepid, tx2500z, fresh install.

After doing
    Code:
    tar xjvf linuxwacom-0.8.1-6.tar.bz2

cd linuxwacom-0.8.1-6

./configure --enable-wacom

make

sudo make install

sudo rmmod wacom

sudo cp ./src/2.6.27/wacom.ko /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/input/tablet/wacom.ko

sudo depmod -e

sudo modprobe wacom
    The cursor does not move with either the eraser, pen or touch.

These are the last "outputs" after make install

Code:
    ~/Desktop/linuxwacom-0.8.1-6$ sudo rmmod wacom
    ~/Desktop/linuxwacom-0.8.1-6$ sudo cp ./src/2.6.27/wacom.ko /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/input/tablet/wacom.ko
    ~/Desktop/linuxwacom-0.8.1-6$ sudo depmod -e
    ~/Desktop/linuxwacom-0.8.1-6$ sudo modprobe wacom
    ~/Desktop/linuxwacom-0.8.1-6$
    Last edited by TheBernok; November 1st, 2008 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Update

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

No, No
    Open the terminal and run those commands I gave you. Then scroll all the way up and highlight all the way down and copy and paste into another post. Bascially I need every bit of text in the terminal after you are finished. And then upload your xorg.conf

Beans

I just did a clean install of Intrepid and after following the wacom tutorial most everything works, except the stylus doesn't behave properly. I tap everywhere on the screen and the mouse pointer follows with correct calibration, but when I tap the screen it doesn't click on the item I'm trying to tap. It doesn't appear that the screen is recognizing that it's being touched. When I touch the screen with my finger it works properly The button on the side of the stylus also right clicks as expected.

I did not have this problem in Hardy. I have an HP tx2051xx and have attached my xorg.conf file. Please let me know if I should post other information as well.

Thanks in advance for help solving this issue.

Jeremy
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jcm1979; November 2nd, 2008 at 01:59 PM.

Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast