Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting HP ScanJet G2410 to work!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Wink Re: Getting HP ScanJet G2410 to work!

Hi Aditya,

Actually it is for my friend, he is new to linux and this was his need, so i thought i'll follow up a little. Any way thanks a lot.

I hope your scanner works well for both color as well as black and white scans ... have you faced any problems with scanning black and white images? he said he had tough times with that, while color works fine.
    the best way to realise yourself...is to wake up!

Beans

Re: Getting HP ScanJet G2410 to work!

b/w and color scanning are working fine!
    Aditya Pratap V.

"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will" - Mahatma Gandhi

Beans

I have a hp scanjet 2400 (HP ScanJet G2410). I installed HPLIP Toolbox (HP Linux Imaging and Printing Print, Scan and Fax Drivers for Linux) and I was able to scan with Simple Scan 2.32.0:

Code:
    sudo apt-get install hplip-gui

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Unfortunately, this didn't work for me... I tried all variants of the procedure I found in the web to no good. It went as far as sane-find-scanner actually finding scanjet, but scanimage -L kept outputting that it did not recognize any scanners.

Then I tried the lite session of 11.04 and the scanner was already working there. I guess I'll just stop using 10.04... seems simpler...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Oh dang. I hate when that happens.

I was just closing the browser tabs on g2410 and 10.04 (using lucid) when I noticed I did not change the permission on /dev/bus/usb/###/$$$ recognized by sane-find-scanner. I gave it a try... and scanimage -L actually recognized my scanner!

I was all happiness until the scanned page on Simple Scan was garbage. I tried XSane Image Scanner just to get the message:
    "Error - Failed to start scanner: invalid argument - Close"

And the 11.04 installation is crashing for unknown reasons. Oh well.

Beans

Support for the G2410 and 2400c was recently updated.

Try compiling the latest source code.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CompileSaneFromSource

Beans

Well, that's great news!
    Aditya Pratap V.

"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will" - Mahatma Gandhi

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by phidia View Post
    At the scanner search from sane I didn't see that model although the hp G2710 is listed working "basic" Here's the search list.

Try installing the hplip package(s) And then open it from System>Preferences.
    I tried this and it didnt work. it created a driver for hp printers. i have a hp scanjet 3970. i cannot find a driver for this and have no clue as to how to get it to work. without my scanner i wont be able to use ubuntu. can any one help? is it possible to get the scanner to work with ubuntu or not?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12