Thread: [SOLVED] Foxcon thread closed

Beans
    Hidden!

[SOLVED] Foxcon thread closed

@Matt, Kiwinz

You never answered the original question, of the previous thread, why was the foxcon thread closed?

With regards to "the answer was posted", the OP hadn't marked it as solved, had he?

Will another thread opened up in off-topic or pinkPonies be closed if it continues the discussion? How are we to know if we don't know why it was closed?

Many thanks,

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Foxcon thread closed

I have added more of my thoughts here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...8&postcount=76
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Beans
    Distro

I should add that I don't want to move the thread to OMG pInK pOnIeS because then it would only be accessible to logged in users, and the thread is currently on the front page of Slashdot, Digg, Reddit and other social networking sites. They would come, try to see it, not find the post, and make far greater claims of censorship. Currently, nothing has been removed or changed, we just closed the discussion and have referred people to please make comments elsewhere.

Beans
    Hidden!

No that's fine Mattew. Thanks for taking the time to explain why it was closed. I'm perfectly satisfied.

Beans
    Distro

Re: [SOLVED] Foxcon thread closed

Because of information received in comment #5 on my blog post here, I visited the Phoronix forums. As a result, I have reopened the thread with a comment.

Beans
    Hidden!

And now the OP has been banned...

This has gotten all crazy for reasons that aren't all that clear. The staff's finger was on the closed trigger the whole time... over misinformation? God, if threads with bad information needed to be closed you could probably just shut down 10% of this site.

The OP was clearly trying to help. You guys clearly disagreed with how he went about it. Somebody needs to regulate the place, and overall I've got nothing but high praise with the job you all do.

Perhaps this whole thread the OP's original, the spillover, the closing, opening, closing and creating a new thread, and eventual banning of the user, perhaps all this could be reviewed at your next meeting. So that the next time a highly flammable thread is opened and begins to garner a lot of internet attention the handling of it is a bit smoother.

This situation made everyone kind of look bad.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Archnix View Post
    And now the OP has been banned...
    That actually happened for something unrelated to the thread about Foxconn. The OP was discovered to be someone who was banned from these forums previously under a different username, and more than once. It's a long story.

I agree that I would have liked things to have gone a bit differently.