Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Conky SSL Email Python Script

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Conky SSL Email Python Script

Quote Originally Posted by wariskampar View Post
    Do you mean the script was updated. When I replace conkyEmail.py with the new one, Yahoo problem persist (Yahoo= ). I use Method 3 to install so I have to update it manually.

You're absolutely right. better to display Yahoo=? or Yahoo=Server Down to indicate such condition.
    The problem you raised is not happening with me, although if you're using the --ssl option you could have problems, yahoo ssl is up and down like a yoyo at the moment.

Try running the conkyEmail exec on the command line with an addition --verbose option to where the problem might be occurring...

Beans

This may sound stupid, can I ignore --ssl in my code? Btw, here is my current code:

Code:
    ${color aeaeae}GMail:  ${color1}${execi 60 python ~/.scripts/conkyEmail.py --servertype=IMAP --servername=imap.googlemail.com --username=xxx --password=xxx --ssl --mailinfo=4 }

${color aeaeae}Yahoo: ${color1}${execi 60 python ~/.scripts/conkyEmail.py --servertype=POP --servername=pop.mail.yahoo.com --username=xxx --password=xxx --ssl --mailinfo=4 }

Beans
    Hidden!

This may sound stupid, can I ignore --ssl in my code? Btw, here is my current code:

Code:
    ${color aeaeae}GMail:  ${color1}${execi 60 python ~/.scripts/conkyEmail.py --servertype=IMAP --servername=imap.googlemail.com --username=xxx --password=xxx --ssl --mailinfo=4 }

${color aeaeae}Yahoo: ${color1}${execi 60 python ~/.scripts/conkyEmail.py --servertype=POP --servername=pop.mail.yahoo.com --username=xxx --password=xxx --ssl --mailinfo=4 }
    the --ssl option is just that, an option. It's best to use it if supported, and I have been with yahoo pop for some time. Just recently it started playing up...yahoo does it again!

lose the --ssl on your yahoo account and see if that sorts the issue out
    keep the ssl on the imap google stuff, that will work just fine

Beans

Still no luck. I really think Yahoo is the culprit. I still can not access my account online. Same damn error message

Beans
    Hidden!

Still no luck. I really think Yahoo is the culprit. I still can not access my account online. Same damn error message
    Run this in a terminal session with your correct username and password, to see whats going on...

Code:
    python ~/.scripts/conkyEmail.py --servertype=POP --servername=pop.mail.yahoo.com --username=xxx --password=xxx --ssl --mailinfo=4 --verbose
    Off for a bit, I'll catch up later

Beans

I'm so dump earlier I tried this code but with execi at the front Here is the result

=4 --verbose
    *** INITIAL OPTIONS:
    servertype: POP
    servername: pop.mail.yahoo.com
    ssl: True
    username: xxx
    password: xxx
    mailinfo: 4
    verbose: True
    *** INFO: Logging on to POP server: pop.mail.yahoo.com
    *** INFO: Getting message count from POP server: pop.mail.yahoo.com
    *** INFO: Extracting message data from POP server: pop.mail.yahoo.com
    *** INFO: Processing email data to determine 'From', 'Subject' and 'Received Date'
    *** INFO: Processing email data to determine 'From', 'Subject' and 'Received Date'
    *** INFO: Logging of from POP server: pop.mail.yahoo.com
    *** ERROR:getOutputText:Unexpected error: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/home/aznan/.scripts/conkyEmail.py", line 412, in <module>
    email.outputData()
    File "/home/aznan/.scripts/conkyEmail.py", line 392, in outputData
    print output.encode("utf-8")
    AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'encode'

Yahoo is accessible but ERROR at getOutputText. What does it mean?

Edit:

Yahoo has back to normal a few minute ago. So, there is nothing wrong with your script (improvement is always welcome though)
    Last edited by wariskampar; August 27th, 2008 at 10:02 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!

I'm so dump earlier I tried this code but with execi at the front Here is the result

=4 --verbose
    *** INITIAL OPTIONS:
    *** ERROR:getOutputText:Unexpected error: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/home/aznan/.scripts/conkyEmail.py", line 412, in <module>
    email.outputData()
    File "/home/aznan/.scripts/conkyEmail.py", line 392, in outputData
    print output.encode("utf-8")
    AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'encode'

Yahoo is accessible but ERROR at getOutputText. What does it mean?

Edit:

Yahoo has back to normal a few minute ago. So, there is nothing wrong with your script (improvement is always welcome though)
    I'll see what I can do about the output and error messages for this...maybe a nice message saying "**** ERROR: Failed to communication with the server" would do here...along with a ? for output...one day the script will be perfect, just not today

Beans

Hi kaivalagi, find another bug today. I set --mailinfo=4 but Conky do not display 4 emails as it suppose to do. Please refer attachment
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Hidden!

Hi kaivalagi, find another bug today. I set --mailinfo=4 but Conky do not display 4 emails as it suppose to do. Please refer attachment
    Something went wrong Because the script uses the raw email data so it can handle all email accounts and not just gmail, it is a little more "at risk" with varying email data.

If it's not too late can you run the same with --verbose as an option in the terminal and post the output please (minus your email account details naturally).

I might have a look tonight but am rather busy over the next few days so I can't promise anything...

Cheers
    Last edited by kaivalagi; August 29th, 2008 at 08:39 PM.

Beans

Here is the test result:

Code:
    aznan@aznan-laptop:~$ python ~/.scripts/conkyEmail.py --servertype=POP --servername=pop.mail.yahoo.com --username=xxx--password=xxx --ssl --mailinfo=4 --verbose
    *** INITIAL OPTIONS:
    6 New
    1. Corel: "Corel Special Offer: save $70 on world's No. 1 playback software"
    2. DonationCoder.com Newsletter: "DC Newsletter for August 28, 2008 - Codename "Dizzying Discounts"
    3. The Code Project: "[CodeProject] Daily News - Google introduces Android apps store"
    4. lilyy: "[masdutch] JUst for reading time :      10 Great Goals to set for this Ramadan"
    Please compare this result with the attachment. Something is wrong right
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast