Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Conky SSL Email Python Script

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Conky SSL Email Python Script

Quote Originally Posted by super.rad View Post
    Another one not working correctly for me (it must be something i'm missing or doing wrong)
    All conky is displaying is this:
    but i'd like it to display underneath the unread message count the sender and title in this format
    Sender - Title
    how would i go about doing this?
    my .conkyrc is
    Code:
    ${execi 600 python /home/fedora/Scripts/conkyEmail.py --servertype=IMAP --servername=imap.googlemail.com --username=*****@googlemail.com --password=***** --ssl}
    and my conkyEmail is
    Code:
    #! /bin/sh
    cd /home/fedora/Scripts/
    $PYTHONPATH /usr/bin/python /home/fedora/Scripts/conkyEmail.py "$@"
    ${voffset 10}${font Terminus:style=Bold:size=9}${color3}Google: ${font}${color1}[--servertype=IMAP --servername=imap.googlemail.com --ssl --username=*****@googlemail.com --password=***** --mailinfo=3]
    Thanks
    Just lose the second shell script altogether, I am not sure what you are trying to do there No conky stuff should exist there...
    Then added the --mailinfo=3 option to the .conkyrc execi for emails...

Beans

Yup working, not sure what I was doing, reading/editing too many files at once and wrote things in the wrong files.
    Thanks again

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Thumbs down Re: Conky SSL Email Python Script

I'm having trouble with my Yahoo account, but I can't see what's wrong with this -
    Code:
    TEXT
    ${color0}MAIL:${color}
    ${color1}Yahoo: ${execi 300 conkyEmail --mailinfo=3 --servertype=POP --servername=pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk --username=*****@yahoo.co.uk --password=*****}
    Google: ${execi 300 conkyEmail --mailinfo=3 --servertype=IMAP --servername=imap.googlemail.com --username=*****@googlemail.com --password=***** --ssl}${color}
    It's a pretty basic config, just for testing. The Yahoo entry just shows as a "?". Googlemail is working fine.

The only thing I can possibly think of is that my username contains a "_" (underscore). Could this be throwing Conky off?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Argghh!!

Found the answer.

http://help.yahoo.com/l/uk/yahoo/mai...ge/pop-31.html

The ability to access Yahoo! Mail via a POP3 email client is only available to customers of Mail Plus. If you have not purchased the Mail Plus service, you will be unable to retrieve messages via an email client (such as Outlook or Outlook Express). You can determine whether or not you've purchased this service by visiting Yahoo’s password-protected secure billing site.
    Nvm, I've set it up to forward all my mail to my Googlemail account now anyway.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Fisher View Post
    Argghh!!

Found the answer.

http://help.yahoo.com/l/uk/yahoo/mai...ge/pop-31.html

Nvm, I've set it up to forward all my mail to my Googlemail account now anyway.
    Just so you now, yahoo mail accounts are normally accessed using a username without the domain after it...i.e. I access using username=kaivalagi_ni_viti

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Hi there! I am using your script and I love it! It is simple and easy to use. You are a fantastic programmer, and are doing a lot for the conky community.

As I have been using it though, I have come into an issue that I cannot figure out. I have a university e-mail account and I have e-mail rules for my inbox that go to seperate folders. 95% of the time there is nothing in my Inbox, but in seperate folders. I have tried to use the folder option in IMAP but it only comes up with a question mark. Here is the portion of .conkyrc that I believe is necessary:

Code:
    ( ${execi 300 conkyEmail -m IMAP -s minermail.mst.edu -e -folder=SigEp -u ******* -p ******* } )
    The basic command without the folder option shows the correct umber of e-mails in the inbox, but I cannot figure out how to get it to read the number of e-mails in the folders! Any insight would be fantastic, as I have some folders that I need to watch regularly!

Thanks again!

EDIT: Wow, looking back at it, I found my error. The command is --folder=, not -folder=. Sorry for the waste of time!
    Last edited by v3xtra; December 11th, 2008 at 05:41 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by v3xtra View Post
    EDIT: Wow, looking back at it, I found my error. The command is --folder=, not -folder=. Sorry for the waste of time!
    No worries, it's always the simple things in the end

Glad it's doing what it needs to, any questions just shout!

Beans
    Hidden!

ok first let me say thanks for all the hard work on this!! it looks great.

OK my question is how to I limit the amount of characters that are outputted for the subject. I have a narrow conky on the right side of my screen.... I check my gamil and everything works great. it returns the count and the first 3 unread as I would expect. the only things is when it prints out the first 3 all the sudden my conky stretches to over half the screen to fit the subject line in the email. is there any way to have it trunkate after a certain amount of characters?

Maybe I am just missing something.

Thanks a ton.

SoBBie

PS I am not using the template and here is the line that I have in conkyrc:
    ${voffset 4}${font StyleBats:size=14}C${font} GMail Total: ${execi 600 conkyEmail --servertype=IMAP --servername=imap.googlemail.com --username=me@gmail.com --password=pass1 --ssl}

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by supersobbie View Post
    ok first let me say thanks for all the hard work on this!! it looks great.

OK my question is how to I limit the amount of characters that are outputted for the subject. I have a narrow conky on the right side of my screen.... I check my gamil and everything works great. it returns the count and the first 3 unread as I would expect. the only things is when it prints out the first 3 all the sudden my conky stretches to over half the screen to fit the subject line in the email. is there any way to have it trunkate after a certain amount of characters?

Maybe I am just missing something.

Thanks a ton.

SoBBie

PS I am not using the template and here is the line that I have in conkyrc:
    ${voffset 4}${font StyleBats:size=14}C${font} GMail Total: ${execi 600 conkyEmail --servertype=IMAP --servername=imap.googlemail.com --username=me@gmail.com --password=pass1 --ssl}
    The script has no function to restrict the output width, but in theory there are other ways in conky.

In your conkyrc file you need to define the maximum width before the TEXT line, the window will never go beyond this size then:

Code:
    maximum_width 300
    300, is 300 pixels...

That should sort it for you

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Is there any way to get this script to display the subjects of new emails like gmail_parser.py? Does anyone know of anything like that?
    Anyone who says you're too old to play with toys, has the wrong toys.

Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast