Page 169 of 380 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179219269 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 3796

Thread: Conky Weather Forecast Python Script

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Conky Weather Forecast Python Script

One question to kaivalagi/or anyone who knows something about it.

So, i just try to put more radio stations to my rhythmbox (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...01#post7881301), and i noticed that i have form kaivalagi´s ppa rhythmbox package-i would love to have in conky displayed simple rhythmbox infos-only radio station, and maybe playing titel (not necesarry)...-should i install that package/what should i add to conkyrc? Is there maybe some other thread about rhythmbox in conky?

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Dug a little deeper into the threads and google searched some more to find an answer to my problem. I was using the standard execute (execi) instead of the parser (execpi) so all of the extra formatting in the template was misunderstood. Needless to say I found the answer in some thread on this forum with a Google search! Now I can continue on building my masterpiece.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by vickoxy View Post
    Maybe i am borring, but i think i have big problem with conky-not only that it crasher after few hibernats, but eventually conky won´t start again (unvisable it is). So. i need to restart computer-annoying...
    Well, i made clean installations of ubuntu 9.04 and mint 7, and the same error persists...
    I installed conky 1.7.2 from ppa-for now it didn´t crash not once-so it seems that the problem was 1.6 + ubuntu 9.04 (found something similar here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ky/+bug/331958)

Thanks for help!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I am back-unfortunately-after restart conky just freezes at the point when wifi is enabled...

It stays just freezed there.

Anybody knows what it is?

I was just hoping having no problems, but...

UPDATE: it stay freezed 7-8 min, then works for a few seconds and then again freezes...?
    Last edited by vickoxy; September 1st, 2009 at 09:23 PM.

Beans

Hey, I'm having trouble configuring Conky to display the weather in my location. I've read several posts and topics regarding this to no avail. I'm kinda stealing hanna's/Strife's theme just for practice I guess--plus I like the simplicity. Basically, I get the "4 Weather Unavailable" message in conky.
    Here's the output of 'conkyForecast --verbose':
    thomas@orlok:~$ conkyForecast -v
    *** INITIAL OPTIONS:
    datatype: HT
    start day: None
    end day: None
    spaces: 1
    template: None
    locale: None
    imperial: False
    beaufort: False
    night: False
    shortweekday: False
    hideunits: False
    hidedegreesymbol: False
    minuteshide: None
    centeredwidth: None
    refetch: False
    verbose: True
    errorlogfile: None
    infologfile: None
    *** CONFIG OPTIONS:
    CACHE_FOLDERPATH: /tmp/
    CONNECTION_TIMEOUT: 5
    EXPIRY_MINUTES: 30
    TIME_FORMAT: %H:%M
    DATE_FORMAT: %Y-%m-%d
    LOCALE: USME0328
    XOAP_PARTNER_ID: 1126878624
    XOAP_LICENCE_KEY: 0c1c90b13ac41b09
    MAXIMUM_DAYS_FORECAST: 7
    BASE_XOAP_URL: http://xml.weather.com/weather/local/&l … amp;unit=m
    INFO: Locale set to USME0328
    INFO: Looking for translation file for 'USME0328' under /usr/share/conkyforecast/locale
    INFO: Translation file not found for 'USME0328', defaulting to 'en'
    INFO: Loading cache file /tmp/.conkyForecast-UKXX0103.cache
    18°C
    As you can see, I've set the location *I think*, as well as included my partner ID and key. Not sure what else I need to alter... any help?

This just in, it SORT of works. I have my original conky box, with the weather one seemingly displayed *under* it. I'll try to include a screencap.
    http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/5422/forecast.png

I did figure out that the double conkys is due to the fact that i simply ran two instances of it, one that is there by default and the other by running

conky -c /usr/share/conkyforecast/example/conkyrc &
    so that was lulz-worthy. man i suck at this.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by vickoxy View Post
    I am back-unfortunately-after restart conky just freezes at the point when wifi is enabled...

It stays just freezed there.

Anybody knows what it is?

I was just hoping having no problems, but...

UPDATE: it stay freezed 7-8 min, then works for a few seconds and then again freezes...?
    I figured what causes this freezes-there is some error at googlemail servers: as soon as i removede gmail lines from conky, it works just fine:
    $
    Code:
    {voffset 4}MAIL ${hr 2}
    ${voffset 2}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=9}t${font} +++++++${color }:${alignr}${execi 45 python ~/.conky/gmail.py}
    ${voffset 2}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=9}t${font} ${color }++++++++++${color }:${alignr}${execi 45 python ~/.conky/gmail1.py}
    ${endif}
    Is there some way to avoid these freezing and to have these lines there in conky?

Thanks

Beans

also, here is my conky file

# Use Xft?
    use_xft yes
    xftfont Trebuchet MS:size=8
    xftalpha 0.8
    text_buffer_size 2048

# Update interval in seconds
    update_interval 1

# This is the number of times Conky will update before quitting.
    # Set to zero to run forever.
    total_run_times 0

# Create own window instead of using desktop (required in nautilus)
    own_window yes
    own_window_transparent yes
    own_window_type desktop
    own_window_hints undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager

# Use double buffering (reduces flicker, may not work for everyone)
    double_buffer yes

# Minimum size of text area
    minimum_size 180 0

# Draw shades?
    draw_shades no

# Draw outlines?
    draw_outline no

# Draw borders around text
    draw_borders no

# Stippled borders?
    stippled_borders 0

# border margins
    border_margin 5

# border width
    border_width 1

# Default colors and also border colors
    default_color white
    own_window_colour white

# Text alignment, other possible values are commented
    alignment top_right

# Gap between borders of screen and text
    # same thing as passing -x at command line
    gap_x 35
    gap_y 50

# Subtract file system buffers from used memory?
    no_buffers yes

# set to yes if you want all text to be in uppercase
    uppercase no

# number of cpu samples to average
    # set to 1 to disable averaging
    cpu_avg_samples 2

# number of net samples to average
    # set to 1 to disable averaging
    net_avg_samples 2

# Force UTF8? note that UTF8 support required XFT
    override_utf8_locale yes

# Add spaces to keep things from moving about? This only affects certain objects.
    use_spacer none

TEXT
    SYSTEM ${hr 2}

Host: ${alignr}${nodename}
    Kernel: ${alignr}${kernel}
    CPU: ${cpu cpu}% ${alignr}${cpubar 8,60 cpu}
    RAM: $memperc% ${alignr}${membar 8,60}
    Uptime: ${alignr}${uptime}

HD ${hr 2}

Home:
    ${fs_free /home}/${fs_size /home} ${alignr}${fs_bar 8,60 /home}
    Root:
    ${fs_free /root}/${fs_size /root} ${alignr}${fs_bar 8,60 /root}

NETWORK ${hr 2}
    ${if_existing /proc/net/route wlan1}
    Up: ${upspeed wlan1} kb/s ${alignr}${upspeedgraph wlan1 8,60 789E2D A7CC5C}
    Down: ${downspeed wlan1} kb/s ${alignr}${downspeedgraph wlan1 8,60 789E2D A7CC5C}
    Upload: ${alignr}${totalup wlan1}
    Download: ${alignr}${totaldown wlan1}
    Signal: ${wireless_link_qual wlan1}% ${alignr}${wireless_link_bar 8,60 wlan1}${else}${if_existing /proc/net/route eth0}
    Up: ${upspeed eth0} kb/s ${alignr}${upspeedgraph eth0 8,60 789E2D A7CC5C}
    Down: ${downspeed eth0} kb/s ${alignr}${downspeedgraph eth0 8,60 789E2D A7CC5C}
    Upload: ${alignr}${totalup eth0}
    Download: ${alignr}${totaldown eth0}${endif}${else}${if_existing /proc/net/route eth1}
    Up: ${upspeed eth1} kb/s ${alignr}${upspeedgraph eth1 8,60 789E2D A7CC5C}
    Down: ${downspeed eth1} kb/s ${alignr}${downspeedgraph eth1 8,60 789E2D A7CC5C}
    Upload: ${alignr}${totalup eth1}
    Download: ${alignr}${totaldown eth1}${endif}${else}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}4${font} Network Unavailable${endif}

WEATHER ${hr 2}
    ${if_existing /proc/net/route wlan1}
    ${voffset -8}${alignr 56}${font ConkyWeather:style=Bold:size=40}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USME0328 --datatype=WF}${font}
    ${voffset -52}${font Weather:size=40}y${font} ${voffset -38}${font Trebuchet MS:size=26}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USME0328 --datatype=HT}${font}

${voffset 0}${font}Barometer Tendency: ${alignr}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USME0328 --datatype=BD}
    ${voffset 0}Humidity: ${alignr}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USME0328 --datatype=HM}
    ${voffset 0}${font}Wind Speed: ${alignr}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USME0328 --hideunits --datatype=WS} km/h ${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USME0328 --hideunits --datatype=WD}
    ${voffset 0}${font}Wind Gusts: ${alignr}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USME0328 --datatype=WG}
    ${voffset 0}Daylight: ${alignr}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USME0328 --datatype=SR} - ${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USME0328 --datatype=SS}

${font Trebuchet MS:size=12}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USME0328 --datatype=MP}
    ${voffset -30}${alignr 42}${font MoonPhases:size=28}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USME0328 --datatype=MF}${font}
    ${else}${if_existing /proc/net/route eth0}
    ${voffset -8}${alignr 56}${font ConkyWeather:style=Bold:size=40}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USME0328 --datatype=WF}${font}
    ${voffset -52}${font Weather:size=40}y${font} ${voffset -38}${font Trebuchet MS:size=26}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USME0328 --datatype=HT}${font}

${voffset 0}${font}Barometer Tendency: ${alignr}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USME0328 --datatype=BD}
    ${voffset 0}Humidity: ${alignr}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USME0328 --datatype=HM}
    ${voffset 0}${font}Wind Speed: ${alignr}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USME0328 --hideunits --datatype=WS} km/h ${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USME0328 --hideunits --datatype=WD}
    ${voffset 0}${font}Wind Gusts: ${alignr}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USME0328 --datatype=WG}
    ${voffset 0}Daylight: ${alignr}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USME0328 --datatype=SR} - ${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USME0328 --datatype=SS}

${font Trebuchet MS:size=12}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USME0328 --datatype=MP}
    ${voffset -30}${alignr 42}${font MoonPhases:size=28}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USME0328 --datatype=MF}${font}

${endif}${else}
    ${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}4${font} Weather Unavailable
    ${endif}

Beans

I'm thinking that this problem might be due to the "Network Unavailable" error from the Network tab... but I can't find any posts regarding how to change this.

Beans

alright, i've sorta fixed it. what happened is that in my conkyrc file, it was not referring to ra0 for my tubes (i just swapped out eth0 with ra0 in all instances... i may want to clean it up later!) now i've got a lot of the same problems other people've had with fonts and the like.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Weather icons in conkyforecast

As per request from PMs.

How to get display weather icons in conkyforecast instead of using graphics generated by weatherfont. At the moment only moon and weather conditions can be displayed. Still working on the bearing/wind image.

1. Get the weather icons from kaivalagi's gtk-desktop-info.
    (a)If gtk-desktop-info is installed, you can get the icons this way:
    Code:
    mkdir ~/weather
    cp -R /usr/share/gtk-desktop-info/images/weathericons/ ~/weather/
    cp -R /usr/share/gtk-desktop-info/images/moonicons/ ~/weather/
    (b) If gtk-desktop not installed, install gtk-desktop-info-data to get images by the code below and repeat commands in (a)
    Code:
    wget https://launchpad.net/~m-buck/+archive/gtk-desktop-info/+files/gtk-desktop-info-data_0.13_all.deb
    sudo dpkg -i gtk-desktop-info-data_0.13_all.deb
    2. Update your conkyforecast.py to add new datatypes MI(moonicon) and WI(weathericon)
    Extract and copy the attached conkyForecast.py to /usr/share/conkyforecast/conkyForecast.py
    Code:
    tar xvf conkyForecast.tar.gz
    sudo cp conkyForecast.py /usr/share/conkyforecast/conkyForecast.py
    Be sure to change 'stepper' to your username
    e.g. Change "0": u"/home/stepper/weather/weathericons/00.png" to "0": u"/home/yourusername/weather/weathericons/00.png"

3. Displaying images
    The new datatypes MI and WI generates/outputs the image location of a particular condition as required. [--datatype=WI] will produce the image location : /home/yourusername/weather/weathericons/01.png and [--datatype=MI] will produce /home/yourusername/weather/moonicons/01.png.
    To display in conky you will use ${image [--datatype=WI] -p 12,0 -s 90x90} and display weather condition icon.

I've attached the conkyrc and weather template I'm using to generate the attached thumbnail (bottom right weather).

Here's hoping Mark adds image/icon functionality to conkyForecast.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by stepper; September 5th, 2009 at 03:07 PM. Reason: install datafiles not the gtk-desktop-info program itself

Page 169 of 380 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179219269 ... LastLast