Page 101 of 380 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 3796

Thread: Conky Weather Forecast Python Script

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Conky Weather Forecast Python Script

Hi Everyone.
    First of all Ill like to thank everyone in this thread since it has helped me build a really really nice conky. However, I still have a problem regarding the images of the weatherForecast tool. The problem is that it shows a letter instead of an image. I am assuming that it needs to transform this letter into a shape using some pics.
    I have been trying to solve this since a couple of days by reading many posts in this thread but it seems I have missed something. Could someone help me out? A screenshot is attached and the code for weather is the following.

Code:
       ${font Arial:bold:size=10}${color Tan2}WEATHER ${color DarkSlateGray}${hr 2}
        ${font}${color DimGray}

${voffset -25}${font Weather:size=45}${execi 1800 conkyForecast -l USCA0087 -d WF}
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ubuntu user since 06/2006.
    "Don’t Let School get in the way of your Education!"
    -Mark Twain

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by marko_4454 View Post
    Hi Everyone.
    First of all Ill like to thank everyone in this thread since it has helped me build a really really nice conky. However, I still have a problem regarding the images of the weatherForecast tool. The problem is that it shows a letter instead of an image. I am assuming that it needs to transform this letter into a shape using some pics.
    I have been trying to solve this since a couple of days by reading many posts in this thread but it seems I have missed something. Could someone help me out? A screenshot is attached and the code for weather is the following.

Code:
       ${font Arial:bold:size=10}${color Tan2}WEATHER ${color DarkSlateGray}${hr 2}
        ${font}${color DimGray}

${voffset -25}${font Weather:size=45}${execi 1800 conkyForecast -l USCA0087 -d WF}
    Conky doesn't support images/pics only fonts....the big f you have output should come through as a weather symbol by using the alternative font.

Assuming you installed the conkyforecast package through synaptic/apt-get, I think the code you have is a little old for the version of script, this bit:

Code:
    ${font Weather:size=45}
    Needs to be replaced by:

Code:
    ${font ConkyWeather:size=45}
    Hope that helps

If you still have problems, then the font you require isn't installed...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

thanks kaivalagi, that worked like a charm!
    Ubuntu user since 06/2006.
    "Don’t Let School get in the way of your Education!"
    -Mark Twain

Beans

How do I get long wind directions?

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by The Keeganator View Post
    How do I get long wind directions?
    What do you mean by "long"?

Beans
    Hidden!

First off, I'd like to thank everyone who contributed to this tutorial. It's given me hope that I can figure this all out.

Now for my question. I've already signed up to receive my partner id and registration code from weather.com but when I attempt to change them in conkyForecast.config I don't have permission. Will I have to sign in as root to make the changes, log out as root, and then log in as user? I was just wondering if there was an easier way to do this. Thanks again everyone.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by kaivalagi View Post
    What do you mean by "long"?
    Where it says "South" instead of "S", or "North East" instead of "NE".

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by pemur1 View Post
    First off, I'd like to thank everyone who contributed to this tutorial. It's given me hope that I can figure this all out.

Now for my question. I've already signed up to receive my partner id and registration code from weather.com but when I attempt to change them in conkyForecast.config I don't have permission. Will I have to sign in as root to make the changes, log out as root, and then log in as user? I was just wondering if there was an easier way to do this. Thanks again everyone.
    look in your /home directory for a hidden file:

~/.conkyForecast.config

That's the one to change, and as it is in your /home directory you should have FULL permission.

Do not edit the one in: /usr/share/conkyforcast/conkyForecast.config

Have a nice day.
    Bruce
    Last edited by Bruce M.; January 25th, 2009 at 07:34 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by The Keeganator View Post
    Where it says "South" instead of "S", or "North East" instead of "NE".
    Oh okay. the script can't handle that...you'd have to come up with a replace function which can be incorporated into the exec call in conky...

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by pemur1 View Post

As Bruce has said above, edit the file in your home directory, you should have copied it from /usr/share as part of the setup.

Page 101 of 380 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast