Thread: [SOLVED] Blank Java Applications using Eclipse

Beans

Exclamation [SOLVED] Blank Java Applications using Eclipse

I'm new to ubuntu, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Just a little background info in case this will help- I've installed ubuntu through wubi (the newest version since I just got a new laptop a week ago - HP pavilion dv6000). I did not have any problems running the same gui on my old laptop (sony vaio fw series). And I did install the same programs (I did use the add/remove "program" they have to get eclipse and java) on both laptops (I just recently started working with ubuntu)

I'm writing a Java program in Eclipse that has a GUI, and whenever I try to run the program in Eclipse, it comes up with a correctly sized window, title bar, and then a blank program. But there are times where it will display the program but you cannot click on a button or move a slider; generally unresponsive.
    It runs in windows, and I'm thinking that it's not a programming error since there are times where it will display the program.

I have been testing a simple gui that just has a button, and have not changed the code and I'm still running into this problem. I dont know if it's a java 6 issue either, I did read about that.

I was wondering if knew anything about this problem, and if there was a way to maybe fix it. and I hope I was clear enough for you all. ANY Help would be just great at this point.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Beans

Re: [SOLVED] Blank Java Applications using Eclipse

I solved it, it was just a compatibility issue.
    Thanks anyways!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: [SOLVED] Blank Java Applications using Eclipse

Hey, I'm having the same problem.
    Could you elaborate more on your solution?
    Thanks!